+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Heybrook TT2 w. RB300 -- cartridge recommendations

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Maybe we should start another thread dedicated to all things TT2? A repository of knowledge about this deck -- tweaks, mods, common problems and fixes, stuff that works and stuff that doesn't. I'd be happy to start the thread, but perhaps Shane should have the honour of starting it given his history with the TT2. Let me know what you guys think of that...
    Thanks for your kind words Svend. There does seem to be quite a lot of interest these days. I’m a bit tied up at the moment but if anyone has any suggestions about how to put it together I’ll give it some thought over the weekend.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Maybe we should start another thread dedicated to all things TT2? A repository of knowledge about this deck -- tweaks, mods, common problems and fixes, stuff that works and stuff that doesn't. I'd be happy to start the thread, but perhaps Shane should have the honour of starting it given his history with the TT2. Let me know what you guys think of that...
    Never owned one, but I certainly think that's a good idea. The TT2 seems a well liked turntable. I reckon such a thread may qualify for being made a 'sticky', so it remains in sight. Probably best in the 'Past Masters' section I think.

I'm Svend.

Geoff -- if the mods are willing to make it a sticky then that would be great. As you say, keeps it in view.

Shane -- my thoughts were simply to create a thread that is a repository of info and experience with the TT2, with contributions by owners regarding all manner of helpful and insightful things. Such as:

- tweaks and mods (e.g. isolation feet; bottom plate damping/removal)
    - maintenance (e.g. proper bearing oil to use; replacement parts sources)
    - tuning (e.g. suspension; belt tension)
    - refurbishing (e.g. plinth refinishing; platter polishing)
    - known problem spots (e.g. armboard thickness as Clive's and Steve's; PSU issues)
    - known good arm/cartridge combos (although this may not be turntable-specific, but if it's a synergy thing then perhaps yes)
    - a place for owners to post pictures of their decks

I realize this may be asking a lot of you up front wrt. to a higher level of input and time, but in the long run it would likely be a time saver, as you could just point new owners to the sticky and have them read on their own (just thinking of how much time you've taken to patiently answer all my questions over the past few months ). I'd certainly be a willing contributor, and I'm sure a few others here would be also. Also, I know there are quite a few TT2 owners in Canada who are members of the CAM forum (as am I, but not very active) -- I could post a link there to point them here to our ongoing knowledge base, and hopefully contribute their own experience.

Anyway, those are a few thoughts for now. Hope this helps...

Best,
    Svend

I'm Geoff.

Instead of worrying too much about inclusions, I'd suggest a thread outlining the basics and then letting it develop with input from all interested members. As has happened with the 'Techiepedia'.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 18-01-2018 at 23:54. Reason: typo

I'm Svend.

Yes, that's just what I was thinking. Casual, occasional posts by members, nothing formal or rigid...let it evolve and grow. After a year or so it would end up being a great resource.

I'm Shane.

Ok, I’ll start a thread later today and put in links to this thread and the others that have been posted here. Geoff, if you’d like to make it a sticky, that would be brilliant!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Svend.

Thread started!

The Heybrook TT2 Info Thread:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...809#post938809

Thanks Shane! And thanks to Geoff for making it a sticky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122