+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: New to streaming, please help.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Another luddite question. Yesterday finally got a usb - a to b - cable and connected laptop to usb input on Pioneer, tried playing tracks from YouTube but the sound was all wrong, barely making a sound, just like a muffled sound.
    When connected this way your laptop controls the volume. Have you checked to make sure that the audio settings show the device selected and the correct volume setting?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    When connected this way your laptop controls the volume. Have you checked to make sure that the audio settings show the device selected and the correct volume setting?
    Yes the laptop selects the Pioneer when I connect it via the usb cable, and the volume works, but the sound is completely wrong, this is using youtube.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

what does completely wrong mean?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what does completely wrong mean?
    The music is only half there, rest is fuzz, electrical noises etc.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Now I can't even launch iTunes, gonna have to put a record on!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Reboot the computer.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    why not simply start with a lead from your headphone output of your laptop to a spare line input on your Naim
    Just tried that into my amp for a bit of fun. Godawful sound (unsurpisingly).

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Reboot the computer.
    Just tried it, still the same.

I'm Anandh.

Roku is one of the best and well-known streaming devices at present. There are many customers for Roku and many cable operators also prefer Roku for streaming their channels.

I'm Peter.

I'm just trialling a Bluesound Node 2i from Richer Sounds, 14 day return option. Node wired straight into my Musical Fidelity 3.2 Dual Mono Integrated Amp and Monitor Audio Gold floorstanders. The Bluesound App on my laptop is controlling the playback. I'm using Tidal and because I'm using the desktop I can access the Tidal Masters files. Sounds excellent.

Prior to that I was using a Google Chromecast into the Amp and playing Spotify and for £30 for the Chromecast that was bloody good value for money and a great sound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920