+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New to streaming, please help.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Having an occasional read of this thread makes me glad I stick with CD and records.
    Funnily enough, I love my streaming but having vinyl too has made me realise that I haven’t missed Spotify streaming all that much in my main system.

Vinyl Rocks !

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Having an occasional read of this thread makes me glad I stick with CD and records.
    Wassat, Grampa?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

majority of my listening is on cans so all of that is streaming, either my music or deezer from the laptop. i can send it to main system too but usually play cd's and vinyl there.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Funnily enough, I love my streaming but having vinyl too has made me realise that I haven’t missed Spotify streaming all that much in my main system.

Vinyl Rocks !
    I still spin the black stuff when the mood takes me. And it still rocks.
    Most of the time it's Squeezeboxes wot I listen to, and they just deliver day after day after day.
    I don't have a CD player at home.
    Chris

I'm Mike.

So, I'm thinking now of trying other streaming services. As I have a fairly new Moto G4, so operating system will be compatible with many. Thing is can I use this with my pioneer N-50, no fucking idea, this is complicated.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    So, I'm thinking now of trying other streaming services. As I have a fairly new Moto G4, so operating system will be compatible with many. Thing is can I use this with my pioneer N-50, no fucking idea, this is complicated.
    Do you want the simplest answer, Mike?

If you want to do Spotify, get a ChromeCast audio device, and connect it to your N-50 using the optical (Toslink) input.
    Cast your Spotify audio from the Moto G4 at the ChromeCast Audio device, and it will pass digits to the N-50.
    You'll need to have the ChromeCast Audio unit connected to your WiFi, and your Moto G4 too, but that's as complicated as it gets, other than selecting the optical input on the N-50 as your playing source.
    Chris

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post

If you want to do Spotify, get a ChromeCast audio device, and connect it to your N-50 using the optical (Toslink) input.
    Cast your Spotify audio from the Moto G4 at the ChromeCast Audio device, and it will pass digits to the N-50.
    You'll need to have the ChromeCast Audio unit connected to your WiFi, and your Moto G4 too, but that's as complicated as it gets, other than selecting the optical input on the N-50 as your playing source.
    +1

I'm Bill.

Got to agree with this!

Saying that, now that my Digione Player is up and running and having access to Spotify Connect, there's no reason why this shouldn't be just as simple.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Mike.

Thanks, might have to do that. What exactly does the Chromecast do?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Thanks, might have to do that. What exactly does the Chromecast do?
    It's a WiFi connected receiver.
    You set it up on your network (don't panic, it's easy to do), and when you open the Spotify app on your Smartphone you have the option to cast it at your unit.
    The streaming from your phone to the Chromecast is over WiFi.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast