+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New to streaming, please help.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Seller is being super helpful, he said - "Hi. If it helps, I can send you an old iPod touch I've got lying around which you can put the Spotify app and Pioneer Control app on and use that."
    Does that sound like it might work?
    What does it say in the instruction manual?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    What does it say in the instruction manual?
    Nothing!! Seller is actually gonna send me an ipod for nothing! He is super nice, I'll tell him to join this forum! He assures me I can use the ipods 'Airplay' feature with Spotify as he did himself. But, I won't count my chickens just yet!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I found the manual online, and it states that it (N-50-K) is compatible with iPod/iPad/iPhone.
    Chris

I'm Mike.

I found the manual online, and it states that it (N-50-K) is compatible with iPod/iPad/iPhone.
    Thanks Chris, its plastered all over the box as well! Thing is when I read online reviews before buying it, none mentioned the exclusivity to apple devices! As far as streaming Spotify and other online streaming services goes. I think I mistook it for its later model which I'm sure is Spotify ready with all devices, must say streaming is way more complicated than any other audio format. I knew absolutely nothing about streaming before, I'm slowly learning bits and pieces now. I just wanted the one box and a remote handset to listen to Spotify, but I now realise that I can stream through my laptop - wired to the streamer and listen that way, without it being too much of a pain. Basically I just want to listen to loads of music without having to seek out the vinyl versions on Ebay, which is how I used to listen but I feel life is too short and there is too much music around for that! So anyway, once I've actually got this thing working, I suppose I'll soon discover the best way of listening - SQ wise, I may end up preferring a wired laptop connection, or even downloading tracks on to USB sticks, who knows, I've no idea!
    I'm just really lucky the seller is so helpful!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

So the ipod has arrived, and guess what? Spotify needs ios version 9 to work, but the phone is 4th generation and it seems it doesn't support ios 9, only as far as ios 6, doesn't surprise me in the least!! Fucking apple! So now I have to go out and spend £200 on a fucking ipod just to get Spotify on a streamer I paid £180 for!! LOL. Can anyone recommend another streaming service I can use via this streamer using remote handset (whether it be ipod - 4th gen! - or android - moto G4, or laptop.

I'm Grant.

not good.

do u have any apple devices? if so you should be able to use them. if you just have a pc or android stuff, as I say, you can connect a chromecast for £30 to your amp, or the unit if it has an input and cast music from one of your devices to the chromecast.
    Sorry but best i can think of
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Mike

Sorry your latest effort has not worked out. In this thread you have been given various ideas and with the risk of yet another here is another idea.

Forget about using the Pioneer as a streamer but use it simply as a DAC. In fact the N50 has a good DAC and goes to 24/192 (the N50A goes even higher).

So to use the Pioneer as a DAC simply connect it to your laptop via USB, install Spotify on your laptop and press 'play'. Simples.

Well actually you may have to go through one or two small steps but only need to be done once. For example:

1. You will need a USB cable. You may well have one lying around - it is the exact same format as most printers use.
    2. There are two USB inputs on your Pioneer - use the one that corresponds to the U shaped one - the other one is for USB sticks etc.
    3. You may have to install a DAC driver on your Laptop. Not sure which Windows version you have. If you have Windows 10 version 1709 then the drivers may install automatically. If the driver does not install automatically then follow instructions here.

For added functionality and assuming you have a smartphone of some sort install the Spotify app on your phone. If you do this and Spotify is running on your Laptop then you will be given the option of using Spotify on your phone as a remote controller where the music will play on your Laptop (and hence to your DAC and HiFi.)

E

By the way I read it is not possible for your Pioneer unit to upgraded to the latest Spotify version.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

That's easy to answer.
    Money.
    It's not in any equipment manufacturer's interests to perpetually support equipment with new software when there's no money in it for them.
    When you have a traditional audio manufacturer that shifts boxes they'll incorporate the latest things with the latest box.
    If one of the services (such as Spotify) decides to change its method of delivery, where's the interest for the box shifter to support the change? There isn't any interest.
    Which is why I tried to steer you towards something more software based.
    They did break something, Spotify Connect no longer works on my SoTm streamer as Spotify updated librespot and it now no longer links to my SoTm.

This is always the danger with streamers which is why I’ve not bought a one box solution, too easy to make it obsolete.

I’ve let SoTm know there’s an issue, Auralic have the same issues with their Spotify app I believe, fingers crossed for a fix soon, Volspotconnect2 for Volumio has already been fixed by its developer so it can’t be a major issue to cure.

I'm Geoff.

Having an occasional read of this thread makes me glad I stick with CD and records.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    They did break something, Spotify Connect no longer works on my SoTm streamer as Spotify updated librespot and it now no longer links to my SoTm.

This is always the danger with streamers which is why I’ve not bought a one box solution, too easy to make it obsolete.

I’ve let SoTm know there’s an issue, Auralic have the same issues with their Spotify app I believe, fingers crossed for a fix soon, Volspotconnect2 for Volumio has already been fixed by its developer so it can’t be a major issue to cure.
    Hopefully SoTM and Auralic have the will to update things this time round.
    In 5 years time they will want to sell you a shiny new box, so the will to fix the issue could have evaporated.

My Squeezebox Touch has obsolete for how many years now?
    And I have capability to access ALL the streaming services that get mentioned.
    Funny that, isn't it?
    And as changes come along, which they inevitably will, then it takes a bit of code writing by members of the Open Source community and the problem gets fixed.
    There's no commercial interest, and no money is asked for.
    I will add, that I have a RasPi running piCorePlayer, which in turn does the LMS running duties, so online streams and local library are accessed from one location, and by multiple interfaces (laptop/Smartphone/the player's touch screen/IR remote).

If my Squeezebox Touch players all die, then they can be replaced by a RasPi build that's supported by piCorePlayer, and that's including the software to permit access using a RasPi touch screen.

When you consider the flexibility that's available, is it any wonder that I have little impetus to change the way that I have things running?
    And for those that have issues with RasPis crashing, why not try something stable?
    My setup is as rock solid as it can be.

Once in a while I'll get an update, apply it, and the server side of things will reboot. Very occasionally something won't come back on the server interface, and another reboot brings back the missing items.
    That's as scary as it gets, and I get on with listening to music instead of buggering about with kit
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast