+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's I..

I'm Robert.

The AU-919 is simple superb and deserves all the accolades and reputation it has. Sound I would describe as pure, it gets out of the way and just lets the music come through.

It is indeed regarded as one of Sansui's best ever but there are other Sansui amps that have a similar rep too.

The AU-X1 is one of those. Sansui took the 919 close to the limit in terms of slew rate etc and it has one of the widest bands widths ever.

With the AU-X1, Sansui pushed things further, to the limit and some which meant stability issues with early models.

It was the flagship between 1979-83.

'Quote'
    "It is one of the mightiest and best sounding amps of its time - and beyond. 160 wpc rms at 8 ohms, weight almost 28 kg. More a power amp with controls than a conventional integrated amp, but it has phono MM/MC and many other in-/outputs. Lacks tone controls, though.
    Some (first version) tend to have oscillation problems, others (later) don't. One of the best amps ever."
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 20-10-2017 at 17:29.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    The AU-919 is simple superb and deserves all the accolades and reputation it has. Sound I would describe as pure, it gets out of the way and just lets the music come through.

It is indeed regarded as one of Sansui's best ever but there are other Sansui amps that have a similar rep too.

The AU-X1 is one of those. Sansui took the 919 close to the limit in terms of slew rate etc and it has one of the widest bands widths ever.

With the AU-X1, Sansui pushed things further, to the limit and some which meant stability issues with early models.

It was the flagship between 1979-83.

'Quote'
    "It is one of the mightiest and best sounding amps of its time - and beyond. 160 wpc rms at 8 ohms, weight almost 28 kg. More a power amp with controls than a conventional integrated amp, but it has phono MM/MC and many other in-/outputs. Lacks tone controls, though.
    Some (first version) tend to have oscillation problems, others (later) don't. One of the best amps ever."
    I guess they were in competition with Pioneer's SA-9800 and 9900 then? Were they considered sparring partners? Did any other Japanese manufacturers make any really viable amps to take on these at the time?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagesteve View Post
    Did any other Japanese manufacturers make any really viable amps to take on these at the time?
    Luxman.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

I have an NEC A820E from 1980 that you might like to see/hear at some time Steve

It's used on AV duties.

I'm shahrin.

Thumbs up to Sansui I am a big fan and have a few vintage models
    In actuality there were lots of other great Jap amps
    Almost everyJap brand seems to have a model or two with cult followings these days
    Oh and a warm Welcome to Steve !
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm mick.

I have a Pioneer SX 1250,weighs in at 64lbs.Too much of a bugger to lug about so never comes out of it's lair.Will post some pics of it with it's lid off if I can get my camera to work Mick ps welcome aboard from an old[ish] ex service engineer cheers Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Steve
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12