+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stylus pics - keep or return for refund

I'm Mike.

Default Stylus pics - keep or return for refund

deleted
    Last edited by mikeyb; 17-10-2017 at 21:45.

I'm Geoff.

Hard to tell, but the diamond tip looks as though it could be OK, suggesting that whatever problems there are may have a cause elsewhere. I'd have the refund to be honest.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hard to tell, but the diamond tip looks as though it could be OK, suggesting that whatever problems there are may have a cause elsewhere. I'd have the refund to be honest.
    That my thoughts too, I've been unsure about it since day 1, sounded good at the time but the more I listen to it the more it niggles that it's not quite right

I'm Grant.

looks pretty symetrical
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Charlie.

Mike,

You can't possibly tell with this level of magnification and viewpoint. The classic Shure SEK-2 microscope used 120x magnification with two sided lighting, looking down end onto the stylus tip. You look for the "cats eyes", which are the wear point of the stylus surface. Big cats eyes mean more wear. See here

http://pubs.shure.com/view/guide/SEK-2/en-US.pdf

Charlie

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Mike,

You can't possibly tell with this level of magnification and viewpoint. The classic Shure SEK-2 microscope used 120x magnification with two sided lighting, looking down end onto the stylus tip. You look for the "cats eyes", which are the wear point of the stylus surface. Big cats eyes mean more wear. See here

http://pubs.shure.com/view/guide/SEK-2/en-US.pdf

Charlie
    Useful document.

I'm Mike.

Oh for F**K sake, big reply just accidentally deleted, must admit this has just about finished me for vinyl, can't even be bothered retyping my reply I'm so fed up with it.

PS: this is a reflection on the cartridge and vinyl in general NOT the people who posted help

I'm Geoff.

Take a breather and think about it tomorrow Mike.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Take a breather and think about it tomorrow Mike.
    Good advice, but I've been here a few times already

I'm Grant.

If he's offering a refund then take it mike. Your not happy so that's best option
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast