+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stylus pics - keep or return for refund

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Could be a mismatch. Had that once
    That was my original thought but it's the same on my integrated phono input too

I'm Mike.

Damn Tapatalk double posting
    Last edited by mikeyb; 19-10-2017 at 08:52.

I'm Mike.

Ok so it's more expense, the Decca is off to the Decca hospital for a checkup today

So that's me without vinyl play ( until the cheapie Regards cart I bought arrives for the spare TT ), and my Tannoys cabs are empty, thank goodness for my Raspberry Pi and my PMC 21's that I can't sell

I'm Ken.

Sorry to hear about your cartridge problems Mike.

I have been chasing my tail in a similar manner, making multiple changes that have had a knock on effect with system synergy.

So I now have a different Cartridge (thanks to your assistance) a new phono stage and I have gone fully balanced. I almost slipped into this by accident as more and more of the bits just happened to have the balanced facility.

Similarly my speakers are in a state of flux, from both driver choice and crossover method, digital active v analogue active. The digital active sounds great and best with digital sources and the analogue is much better with my turntable.

It can be very frustrating at times, so I sympathise with your feelings.

Just stick at it, you will get there in the end.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Sorry to hear about your cartridge problems Mike.

I have been chasing my tail in a similar manner, making multiple changes that have had a knock on effect with system synergy.

So I now have a different Cartridge (thanks to your assistance) a new phono stage and I have gone fully balanced. I almost slipped into this by accident as more and more of the bits just happened to have the balanced facility.

Similarly my speakers are in a state of flux, from both driver choice and crossover method, digital active v analogue active. The digital active sounds great and best with digital sources and the analogue is much better with my turntable.

It can be very frustrating at times, so I sympathise with your feelings.

Just stick at it, you will get there in the end.
    I do get frustrated, but I'm sure I'll get there in the end, its like doing a 10,000 piece jigsaw with some pieces missing

Good to see that the AT cart is doing it for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234