+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tisbury Audio phono stage. Anybody tried it?

I'm keith.

was there any news on this? My phono blew today so need a new one. Struggling to find any info or reviews on it though

Bigman80 Guest

He never got back to me. Said he was waiting for the next batch as the demo units haven't been returned.

I'm keith.

Well i bought one. Not the best of starts as once plugged in nothing comes out the left speaker. PLugged the old pre back in and its working fine so its boxed back up and being returned.

The unit seems well made i suppose though its smaller than i thought and incredibly light. So light that i even wondered if it had any innards.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Well i bought one. Not the best of starts as once plugged in nothing comes out the left speaker. PLugged the old pre back in and its working fine so its boxed back up and being returned.

The unit seems well made i suppose though its smaller than i thought and incredibly light. So light that i even wondered if it had any innards.
    Oh dear. That's never good.

I'm Ian.

Bad luck on the faulty Domino Keith. I took delivery of one this morning and it works fine. Having previously owned the Tisbury passive pre the size didn't surprise me. Played a few LP's, Emiliana Torrini and the Colorist, King Crimson, The XX and all I can say is for the money it's very very good. Lovely delicate nature with female vocals, wide soundstage and reasonable depth, quiet too. I'm using a low output Zyx Bloom R50 mc and gain is more than adequate. I've bought it as a stop gap while I save up for something better but I think I'm going to have to save a lot longer to better it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123