+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone use Moth record cleaning machine MKI version

I'm Bikram.

Default Did anyone use Moth record cleaning machine MKI version

I can get this machine for around £200. Is it worth. I have gathered some information that it has one way motor and get warm after cleaning 6 lps, where as new one MKII can clean 12 lps before getting warm. Any more information will help me to make my mind. thanks

I'm Dave.

Been using a Moth in a shop environment since it's inception and often it would be in use all day long. Yes, it gets warm but no trouble at all - never missed a beat.

I'm Grant.

Doubt youd want to clean 6 in a row. Know I wouldnt. Dunno what the mk1's go for but seems cheap. ive a mk2 and its great. never had any probs in 10 years +
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Never heard of a problem with any of the Moth versions. It is bargain at £200, go for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Brook.

Grant, I often clean upwards of 20 plus, makes it worth carrying the RCA up from the garage.

By the way OP mine is a VPI & it does get a little warm but nothing to worry about.

montesquieu Guest

I think you'll find the racket more bothersome than any heat generated. Noisy buggers but far better than no RCM at all.

I had one for quite a few years before getting my Loricraft.

I'm Grant.

Yup I wear ear plugs
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup I wear ear plugs
    I use wet toilet paper or kitchen towel. I think you'd need to clean a lot of records in one go to damage your hearing but if you are going to sit down and listen right after you clean even one best to use protection. They are no louder than the old fashioned hoovers. So yes, quite loud.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Bikram.

thanks for the replies guys. looks like everyone agree that its a good buy. . Seller said the body made from metal chassis and its rearly have been used.
    Its motor only rotates one way, will it effect the performance?

I'm Grant.

Yes to a point but still work well. Both directions is better tho but dearer. Not a deal breaker tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast