+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Xiang Sheng DAC 01-A

I'm Mike.

I used to say to my mates at school, " if we go two a breast, that's 4 each "

lordmortlock Guest

I thought the volume only controlled the headphone output on the 01-A?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    I thought the volume only controlled the headphone output on the 01-A?
    There's an internal push-fit doohickey (technical term) to set this. So volume control can do both headphone and RCA outputs if required.

I'm Grant.

dohickey indeed.... its a thinggamabobber
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    There's an internal push-fit doohickey (technical term) to set this. So volume control can do both headphone and RCA outputs if required.
    That's good to know cos I need it as a pre more than a DAC

I'm Manny.

There are different versions of the circuit board and using it as a preamp to control the volume can be done moving either a 3pin wire or jumpers or soldering it.

This was already modified by soldering when it came to me (some early versions were already set at the factory).

I never used it as a preamp but having the volume control gives you the ability / added bonus to adjust the volume gain through a preamp, as I did - and this was really useful for me.

lordmortlock Guest

Thanks for that Manny. I've just picked up one version of this new to have a play. It states Dac-01 on the front but the board is stamped 01-A version 8. I'm sure there's only minor differences between the versions anyway, but good to know the form re the vol control.

I'm Grant.

Mine is used as a switch box and a headphone amp so I haven't popped the jumper. Personally I think it sounds better with no vc but can fully see the advantages if you need gain. My power amps have vc on them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Thanks for that Manny. I've just picked up one version of this new to have a play. It states Dac-01 on the front but the board is stamped 01-A version 8. I'm sure there's only minor differences between the versions anyway, but good to know the form re the vol control.
    You're welcome. There was a lot of revisions, on the early versions some part numbers were erased / blank as the designers were trying to 'protect' the design, there was some early disagreements on how XiangSheng Electrionics distributed their products.

I think (they're blank) my main Chips are: PCM1794A+CS8416+TE7022L+CS3310+OPA2604+TPA6120 so breakdown = PCM1794A decoding, CS8416 receiver, TE7022L USB receiver, CS3310 electronic volume.

There are versions with CS4398 and also versions that use AK4418, and AK4490 chip for decoding function, or you could pay more for a XMOS USB chip.
    Last edited by vinyl; 17-10-2017 at 08:15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12