Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F ing in songs !!!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    What the fuck's the fucking problem?
    Some fuckers are too fucking sensitive
    Yup.

I'm Anthony.

Outside of rap I find it pretty unacceptable, but when Prince dropped Get it up and Erotic city in the early 80’s it was kinda ok due to the subject.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Always exceptions to such rules, though.

Take Plaistow Patricia by Ian Dury ad the Blockheads. The "obscene" intro sentence really sets the scene for what's to come..
    Yes, I think what we're saying is that context matters rather than just childish effect.

We live in strange times - decades worth of records being banned by Radio 1 for precious little reason, but read the lyrics to the nation's current number one...

Pete

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Yes, I think what we're saying is that context matters rather than just childish effect.

We live in strange times - decades worth of records being banned by Radio 1 for precious little reason, but read the lyrics to the nation's current number one...

Pete
    Same can be said for the BBFC film classification: many foreign films of the '60s being given 'A' or 'X'-rated certificates which would be unwarranted these days. Trouble is legally the admission ruling for those films still apply, and the BBFC has no intention of revising past classifications.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123