+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: question about stanley beresford and his products

Time to Kann it?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    What I object to are the claims that the beresford is 'better' or 'more accurate' as you put it than many more expensive dacs. I dont know what that means but it does damage the reputation of other products by giving the impression they are inferior. But is it not a matter of preference and nothing more?
    You can object, it's your choice. We can't all have the same opinion.
    Nevertheless, my opinion is backed up by careful side-by-side tests of tens of dacs. And yours ? Which dacs have you tested to claim the contrary ?

Of course, even if you do blind tests with a preference scoring, it's all about "preference" and "matching". Do you see anything more in audio testing ?

Yes, Marco, you can clean up. I don't see anything constructive or challenging in this conversation.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Lets get this right: Stanley did not want to pay towards keeping the owner(s) of a certain American forum in the lifestyle to which they'd become accustomed by paying the fee. Not content with simply booting Stanley off their forum with around 100,000 members and advertising all over the place, they thought they'd spread accusations far and wide with a view to damaging Stanley's reputation and business.

I banned an individual here from this forum as he tried to register. We don't charge our trade members here and we don't make a living out of AOS. If those running forums for profit have a problem with that....

It's almost like a Mafia style protection racket. Stanley did not want to pay so they are trying to burn his house down. I believe "Jim" is part of that process. There is only one possible outcome....

MartinT Guest

Jim - the only thing you're going to hear in this forum is opinion since the pursuit of musical reproduction is a very personal thing. However, many of the opinions proferred are as a result of the experience of owning a Beresford DAC. If we own the DAC then we have an opinion, such as it sounding 'accurate'. I personally think it does too, and my measure of goodness comes from going to concerts where I hear live (classical) instrumentation like a piano and orchestra and know what they sound like. So you can take our opinion or leave it, but the only thing that's really going to matter in the end is for you to hear one for yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910