+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Woodside DVAC-18 DAC

I'm Manny.

Default FS: Woodside DVAC-18 DAC

Woodside DVAC-18 DAC (direct coupled valve analogue output stage).

It's easily one of the most musically satisfying DACs I've ever had and I vowed never to sell. Not much info available online, only a few were made and owners hold onto them. I originally acquired it from a chap who had one in his main system and another as a spare / back up (and had to pay the asking as he wasn't really selling).

Digital inputs are all BNC, a single digital out is also BNC. The audio output connectors are RCA phono.

I love the sonics and as I wished to keep it forever, sought service advice and discussed possible slight modifications and upgrades to current electrical spec only if it didn't alter it's 'stock sound'. So with the fantastic help and knowledge of Will at Radford Revival he duly obliged, completing the work in June last year (pdf invoice available), the valve input board was braced, Woodside DVAC Full service, DC Heater supply, Mechanical modifications, New electrolytic capacitors, new Mains wiring / IEC inlet install, New safety earth.

Pics included show internal before and after work.

From a smoke and pet free home, I have a pdf copy of the original manual, it uses a pair of 6SN7 and a pair of 6SL7 and will come supplied with generic types.

Having gone streaming is the only reason for selling (as is the transport used with it, advertised on here also).

payment via bank transfer, collection is not a problem.

Can be safely packed with postage at cost.

Unit weighs 6.40kg, fully boxed 8.40kg

Last edited by walpurgis; 23-10-2017 at 11:02.

montesquieu Guest

To the OP ... if you really do want to keep this .. it's perfectly possible to use it streaming purposes, there are a number of USB to SPDIF converter options out there from my trusty Gustard G60 right up to something like the Mutec MC3+ ... I'm using my old Audio Note very happily for streaming alongside my transport, and it only has SPDIF or AES/EBU input options.

Superb DAC and not much out there that will match it.

I'm Andrew.

Hi Manny!
    It's Andrew who sent you a copy of manual, remember me?
    Reserve for me please!
    PM sent.
    Last edited by matador; 17-10-2017 at 19:47.
    Michell Orbe with Moerch DP-6 Gold Precision > Shure Ultra 500 / London Jubilee / Miyajima Kansui > Croft RIAA R / Miyajima ETR-800P / Audion The Converter DAC > Audion Premier 2.0 > Audion Golden Night 300B/PX25 & Audio Black Shadow 845 > Audio Nirvana 15" Classic Alnico with Tannoy ST200.

I'm Manny.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread