+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tom's Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (£250) Versus Justin's Lampizator Big 7 (£6K)

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    Did you get a valve display stand in the end to show off those unused valves? I used to be a valve guy but solid state done well has numerous attractions around power consumption, reliability, bass tightness and heat generation. No valves in my line up anymore.
    No I never did. Couldn't find anything. It would only be for Lampi triodes, as my collection of 211s etc is huge.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Yes it's back Justin...
    This forum should do more kit swapping between members, though it is made easier to trust people with this sort of thing when they have actually met.

Trust and risk are the biggest factors stopping it I guess.

I'm Paul.

Did you only stop listening to the schitt because you had the (preferable to you) lampi available? If the lampi wasn’t there would you be able to live with the schitt?
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Did you only stop listening to the schitt because you had the (preferable to you) lampi available? If the lampi wasn’t there would you be able to live with the schitt?
    Yes and yes. The Schiit would be good enough to tide me over for a week or two but I wouldn't live with it as a main source indefinitely. I'd still buy the Lampi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456