+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Paraphernalia

I'm Geoff.

I had a wet shave yesterday. Won't bother shaving today!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

I do.

I know many people with tattoos, but I always think it displays something of a lack of judgement to have them.

Same with extreme body piercings and wearing loads of bling jewelry.

I meant in terms of them being acceptable in society, not anyone personally.

I read recently that the only place that they're still a no-no is The City - other than that, most places have relaxed their policies.

I have four discrete tats myself, only one of which is visible in a t-shirt - Susan Tedeschi's signature on the inner of my left forearm.

I too don't like body piercings and the facial ones are getting silly now.
    I find it refreshing when a girl DOESN'T have either her tongue or belly pierced.
    Also, I don't like sleeves on anyone - I just think they're too much, though not as bad as those utterly ridiculous expander ear-rings. WTF is that all about ?
    I've been to Africa and seen the real thing and it's cultural. Don't do it just to be "rad, dude" ..

There's a fella where I work with a tattooed head - it's basically a blue-black face and skull, there's no actual definition to any of the designs - and his ear lobes have actually been expanded so much they just snapped and now hang loose, about two inches long each of them
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

not big on tattoo's myself but on men, the odd one for a good reason is ok. dont like them on women. as for body piercing, or face, its naff.
    Feel a lot of folk get lots of tattoos because they feel its their only voice. disenfranchised I guess is the word. so a protest, although they may not realise it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    There's a fella where I work with a tattooed head - it's basically a blue-black face and skull, there's no actual definition to any of the designs - and his ear lobes have actually been expanded so much they just snapped and now hang loose, about two inches long each of them
    That says it all really. I did mention 'lack of judgement'. Now he needs to find a few grand to get his ears surgically sorted (should he bother).

Why do we (others anyway) need to 'personalise' our bodies with varying degrees of embellishment? To be different? We are each and all different anyway.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Reminds me of a club we had down here called The Network, which was kinda like an indie, gothy type of place.

All these kids dressed in black would traipse down there on a Friday or Saturday night to mosh to Slipknot or The Sisters Of Mercy or whatever.
    They really stood out as they walked through town, the boys invariably in full-length leather duster coats and the girls in flouncy skirts, ripped fishnets and corsets, both sexes pale as ghosts with eyeliner only serving to emphasise how "different" they were to the sheep wearing normal clothes ..

.. till they got to the club, where everyone was dressed like that
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Geoff.

Bit like American bikers then (and 'born again' British oldies).

They have bikes customised chopper style and wear the leather trousers or oily jeans with big boots, leather jacket with cut off denim on top and all end up looking the same!

I'm Grant.

No-one dresses like me

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No-one dresses like me

It's your taste in frocks nobody else can match Grant!

I'm Grant.

you guessed it!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I have nothing against individuality. This is me having a breather outside the church after attending a christening recently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast