+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone

I'm olu.

Default Hello everyone

Hi all

Having lurked around the site since Jan, thought I'd do the right thing and introduce myself.

Despite the inevitable digitisation + multi-channel reproduction of everything audio, I have listened to Misson 752’s / Arcam 9 + 9p / Rega Planar 2 combination for about 18 years. However the Rega was recently replaced by a Heybrook TT2 after decades of coveting an LP12, but never having the balls to start down the slippery slope! Perhaps one day, I’ll get round to upgrading the amp / speaker combination, but I get frightened every time I venture near a shop and realise how much I need to spend in order to arrive at a substantially more wholesome sound. Particularly since most of the time (3 – 5 hours a day), I am listening to FLAC’s on a Cowon Plenue D with custom made 5 way iem’s. Meantime, I intend to rebuild the TT2, having been inspired by an earlier post (woodwork is a hobby).

Good music, played by talented musician’s rocks my boat - even although I have a particular fondness for Jazz / Smooth Jazz. Ike Quebec, Coleman Hawkins, Ben Webster through to Larry Carlton, Brian Simpson, Richard Elliot, Euge Groove, Candy Dulfer – user name couldn’t be more obvious. But I still reckon Grover Washington Jr remains the most complete musician ever recorded! So there! In the right mood, I’ll listen to classical music for weeks on end.

Look forward to learning from the many informed opinions on AOS.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Olu. Welcome to AOS.

Good turntable the TT2. You should get nice results from that once rebuilt. There should be some info on those here.

Feel free to join in the chat and ask any questions you may have.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geof.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Olu, welcome to Aos

You can get that Heybrook TT sounding very good indeed, the designer is a member here so you will get some informed advice if you want it.

There is a Jazz subforum starting here soon, you might be interested in that too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Hi Olu, nice to welcome another TT2 into the fold. Any help I can give, just ask.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Great Moniker!!!, welcome to the forum
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s