Hi all

Having lurked around the site since Jan, thought I'd do the right thing and introduce myself.

Despite the inevitable digitisation + multi-channel reproduction of everything audio, I have listened to Misson 752’s / Arcam 9 + 9p / Rega Planar 2 combination for about 18 years. However the Rega was recently replaced by a Heybrook TT2 after decades of coveting an LP12, but never having the balls to start down the slippery slope! Perhaps one day, I’ll get round to upgrading the amp / speaker combination, but I get frightened every time I venture near a shop and realise how much I need to spend in order to arrive at a substantially more wholesome sound. Particularly since most of the time (3 – 5 hours a day), I am listening to FLAC’s on a Cowon Plenue D with custom made 5 way iem’s. Meantime, I intend to rebuild the TT2, having been inspired by an earlier post (woodwork is a hobby).

Good music, played by talented musician’s rocks my boat - even although I have a particular fondness for Jazz / Smooth Jazz. Ike Quebec, Coleman Hawkins, Ben Webster through to Larry Carlton, Brian Simpson, Richard Elliot, Euge Groove, Candy Dulfer – user name couldn’t be more obvious. But I still reckon Grover Washington Jr remains the most complete musician ever recorded! So there! In the right mood, I’ll listen to classical music for weeks on end.

Look forward to learning from the many informed opinions on AOS.