+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with PV1200 required

I'm Tim.

Default Help with PV1200 required

Hi all,

I've been a bedroom DJ for a while now and I've been asked to do a few gigs in pubs and so I'm hoping to broaden my horizons a little. I bought myself a Peavey PV1200 2nd hand for a good price but I'm lost when it comes to connect it to my mixer.

Can I go from the Phono outs on the mixer to the inputs on the amp? I'm a little confused by input A and B on the amp. Do I use both inputs or just one? And each input has 2 possible connectors but reading the manual suggests one of the connectors is actually an output!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Tim

I'm Adam.

You can think of A and B as being the equivalent of left and right (and it doesn't matter which way round you use them). Professional equipment is often labelled in this way as an amp like yours might be used to drive one bass channel and one treble channel, depending on the setup, so left and right doesn't apply here.

Of the two sockets for channel A, you can plug your mixer into either, and the other is then available to take the same signal you're feeding into it off elsewhere (you could feed a second, different amplifier for a subwoofer, for example).

So, in summary, yes, plug one channel output of your mixer into one of the 'A' sockets and the other channel into one of the 'B' sockets. Plug your speakers into the A and B outputs (remembering to match the left and right to the inputs of course) and let rip!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Tim.

Hi Adam, thank you so much for your help! I'm going to need to be literal here to make sure I get this right!

The mixer master output has 2 output sockets - red and white. Does that mean I need a Phono to 1/4 Jack cable and I plug one of the jacks in A on the amp and the other in B?

I'm Tim.

Would this sort of cable work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191478730752

I'm Adam.

Yes, that's it, and that cable should be fine.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Tim.

Brilliant, thanks Adam!

+ Reply to Thread