+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Sonus Faber Cremonas.

I'm Stephen.

Default WTD: Sonus Faber Cremonas.

Hi all,

I'm looking into changing my Kudos Cardea C30 speakers for some Sonus Fabers, possibly Cremona floorstanders. I'm after a slightly 'fuller' sound but I don't want to sacrifice much in the way of detail or airiness. (I appreciate these are all subjective terms). I would consider other makes and models and I've had quite a few speakers over the years including; Proacs, Audio Physic Virgo 3's, Dali Helicon 800's and Art Audio Emotion monitors.
    I've seen a pair of Art Deco 10 signatures up for sale but I think these would works best with SET valve amps.

My current gear:

dCS Classic stack.. Delius, Verdi and Purcell.
    Karan KA i180 integrated,(with a musical fidelity x10 V3 on the non-balanced line in).
    Sony DAB tuner
    Kudos Cardea C30 floorstanders.

My loungs is approximately 17' x16' with 9' ceilings. So not small but not huge.

Any comments on experience with Sonus Faber speakers or other makes that might be suitable would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

Steve.

I'm Cosmo.

I'm Russell.

Those are large speakers, they will be a room full. Our rooms are about the same size, and my Legacy’s are a LOT in this room. (I’m thinking the Sonus Faber’s look similar in size) But, with a few feet from the back wall, and some bass treatment, and they work very well. I love my speakers but often think what it would be like to have some smaller ones in this room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Stephen.

Yes they look very nice but I think the pricing may be a little on the high side considering there are significant scuffs on one of the speakers and given what similar examples have sold for. Still look v nice though!
    Quote Originally Posted by omsoc View Post

I'm Stephen.

Yes indeed. I have considered some stand mount speakers (poss SF Cremona Auditors), but concerned that I will not like the loss of the lowest frequencies a floor stander can provide. I have read that the SF standmounts do provide excellent bass and terrific soundstaging though.
    QUOTE=alphaGT;907196]Those are large speakers, they will be a room full. Our rooms are about the same size, and my Legacy’s are a LOT in this room. (I’m thinking the Sonus Faber’s look similar in size) But, with a few feet from the back wall, and some bass treatment, and they work very well. I love my speakers but often think what it would be like to have some smaller ones in this room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread