+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best joint pain killer

I'm Martin.

might sound daft but I've found aromatherapy can work with this sort of thing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    might sound daft but I've found aromatherapy can work with this sort of thing.
    I'll try owt! In fact after browsing tinternet I've ordered essential ginger oil to rub in my ankles, apparently it's very soothing , worth a punt. Still will have to go to docs to see if there is arthritis though
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Edward.

James, have you been referred to a physiotherapist yet? Perhaps, in addition to the painkillers you are taking, the physio can give you some treatment and exercises to help mitigate your pronation.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i rattle with medicines these days i use them in conjunction with tramadol and paracetamol as my main pain killers
    be careful with tramadol its an opioid (morphine-like),its aditictive,i know this from personal experience,it can give you a high,(it did me) or make you feel sick.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    James, have you been referred to a physiotherapist yet? Perhaps, in addition to the painkillers you are taking, the physio can give you some treatment and exercises to help mitigate your pronation.

Sent via Tapatalk
    I have seen two physio's, and was told I needed a biomechanics podiatrist, the podiatrist is treating the pronation but apparently physio or rehabilitation as he refers to it can't begin until he sees progress or not, seems a bit trial and error I've given up on oral pain killers, did diddly
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    be careful with tramadol its an opioid (morphine-like),its aditictive,i know this from personal experience,it can give you a high,(it did me) or make you feel sick.
    been on it for years jamie. Doesnt affect me that way, but I am fairly low at addictions I think luckily. Alas I have to take quite a few, but nothing else bar morphine itself and Im not taking that.ive tried it.
    used to drink a lot for eons and gave it up no bother
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm M.

If i get joint pain i take Tumeric in tablet form its a natural antiinflammatory and seems to work for me.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    been on it for years jamie. Doesnt affect me that way, but I am fairly low at addictions I think luckily. Alas I have to take quite a few, but nothing else bar morphine itself and Im not taking that.ive tried it.
    used to drink a lot for eons and gave it up no bother
    your luclky,the net is full off 'coming off tramadol' horror stories,i had to take 4 days off work when i stopped taking them,that was after slowly reducing the dosage too!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dave.

My Wife had Arthritis in a knee and tried everything including GP prescribed medication and nothing helped much. As to gels, they did absolutely nothing.

From this time of year till mid Spring when it gets warmer and sunnier, I ache from head to toe - literally everything hurts. Yet when I go into the Sun, by having a break abroad, all the pains go within an hour or two. We just had 5 days in Tenerife and all the pains disappeared. I haven't taken a painkiller for two weeks now but will be forced to do so soon. What's that all about ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    From this time of year till mid Spring when it gets warmer and sunnier, I ache from head to toe - literally everything hurts. Yet when I go into the Sun, by having a break abroad, all the pains go within an hour or two. We just had 5 days in Tenerife and all the pains disappeared. I haven't taken a painkiller for two weeks now but will be forced to do so soon. What's that all about ?
    Stress related?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast