+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best joint pain killer

I'm James.

Default Best joint pain killer

I've been suffering with crappy pain in my ankles/feet, apparently due to Over pronation and possibly some arthritis, so what's good to ease the pain of aching joints? Deep heat and those ibuprofen type gels have proved utterly useless for me, any suggestions on would be very welcome.Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

your doc should be able to give you something better James. I'm on some pretty powerful ones but only your doc can decide whats best.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

If I get pain in muscles or joints. I work them. It may hurt to do so, but I find it relieves the longer term discomfort.

I've had a stiff neck for a few days this week. Yesterday, I worked the neck around in each direction several times until it hurt. Today it's much better.

Back pain is murder. I strain something occasionally and even then, I'll do situps and stretches to loosen up despite the pain this causes. It always works for me.

Oh. And a hot bath is good too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

I've been to a biomechanical podiatrist,£700 in the hole already and had some insoles made to correct my over pronation, these are as painful as the problem itself!! I didn't really want to start taking lots if pills but it's looking like an option I'll have to explore, a visit to the docs tomorrow then. I'll self medicate tonight with some red stag
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I've been to a biomechanical podiatrist,£700 in the hole already and had some insoles made to correct my over pronation, these are as painful as the problem itself!! I didn't really want to start taking lots if pills but it's looking like an option I'll have to explore, a visit to the docs tomorrow then. I'll self medicate tonight with some red stag
    if you need an inflamatory then Diclofenac is imo the best for this and for the stomach.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if you need an inflamatory then Diclofenac is imo the best for this and for the stomach.
    I think my mum used to take that,pretty strong stuff, a bit of relief for a while would be very nice

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I think my mum used to take that,pretty strong stuff, a bit of relief for a while would be very nice
    i rattle with medicines these days i use them in conjunction with tramadol and paracetamol as my main pain killers
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Just looked that one up Grant,
    [Link below] Not good if you have heart condition, apparently.
    https://www.drugs.com/diclofenac.html
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i rattle with medicines these days i use them in conjunction with tramadol and paracetamol as my main pain killers
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Just looked that one up Grant,
    [Link below] Not good if you have heart condition, apparently.
    https://www.drugs.com/diclofenac.html
    Yup, they all have risks Anthony. My heart aint great but its the only NSAID that works well for me with Arthritis ... without it my hip goes solid due to inflamation. Your not supposed to be on it long term either but Ive had to be on it for several years.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

oh you can get diclofenac in gel form although the one that helps is prescription only. the stuff you can buy yourself is not much use tbh.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast