+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 4888969798991001081481985981098 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

I too am surprised to see Welsh people described thus. I'd have expected them to have more wool on their fronts
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's my theory dead then, If the Liverpool Echo says so then that's it

Interesting that they reckon it can also be used for the Welsh, never heard that.
    ..and here’s me thinking it was mainly people from Southport or St Helens 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Martin.

Cooked some chicken goujons in my new oven. First time I have used an oven in over 20 years. First time I have had chicken goujons in 30 years.

Overcooked them a little; the oven is fan assisted and I didn't allow for that. I still ate them though, with a bit of Tabasco on them to jazz it up a bit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Cooked some chicken goujons in my new oven
    That's what I had tonight.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's what I had tonight.
    That's freaky man. What are the odds?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

That's freaky man. What are the odds?
    Dunno. Bet you didn't have creamy home cooked buttered mash with them though.

I'm Martin.

No, I had rice noodles. Tasteless, but easy and cheap and they fill you up. I like mash with butter but my mash is always dry and lumpy. It's a skill I never seem to have acquired.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Anto.

That's my theory dead then, If the Liverpool Echo says so then that's it

Interesting that they reckon it can also be used for the Welsh, never heard that.
    My mate used to drive corn bulker lorries . He took cow ration/nuts to all over Powys , Cheshire , Shrops ,Clwyd.
    He very often referred to the Welsh lads as Wollybacks ,or Hurdlebunters
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

What do the Welsh people called the English? Is it repeatable? Is it pronounceable?

Only joking, I think it's important that our regional languages and dialects are preserved.

A family from Cardiff that we met on holiday told me that the people in north Wales are a lot more vocal in this regard
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Advisory. Today is the first day of the 180 degree A/C phase shift in UK mains. Frequency remains at 50Hz, but it now 'pushes' when it would previously have 'pulled'. Please ensure to check that your equipment is compatible.

+ Reply to Thread