+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 468694959697981061461965961096 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Honey and lemon hot drink and some paracetamol perhaps.
    Only if I get desperate.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Was sneezing a bit yesterday. Woke up sneezing and sniffling this morning and I'm definitely not feeling quite right. Just hope it's not a major cold setting in. Been reasonably lucky this winter. Bet it was the snuffling and spluttering sod in front of me at the supermarket check-out the other day who gave me something!
    If you will insist on mingling with the general population...actually given it's London a cold is getting off lightly. Could have been yellow fever or bubonic plague.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I lived in Garston, about 7 miles south from the centre. But I was born in Liverpool down by the docks just like in the song. Oxford Street Hospital Liverpool L1. Don't look for it, it's not there anymore.
    My sisters were both born there. For some reason I've never been able to fathom, I was born in Mill Lane Maternity Hospital in Wallasey, even though my family were still living in Liverpool, just off Scotland Road, and didn't move 'over the water' until I was two. Neither Mill Lane Hospital nor the street we used to live on are there any more.

Greenwich District Hospital, where our two daughters were born, has also been demolished. It was built in the 1970s, and knocked down in 2006.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    , I was born in Mill Lane Maternity Hospital in Wallasey, .
    'Over the water', that is . Doesn't count as Liverpool. Just thank God you're not a woollyback.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Over the water', that is . Doesn't count as Liverpool.
    I never said it did. I'm just baffled as to why I was born there, rather than in Liverpool, given that we as a family lived in Liverpool. I guess my eldest sister might know, but as she was only three herself when I was born, I doubt it.

I'm Martin.

The probably thought they didn't want 3 scouse children so when the contractions started they got on the ferry quick time.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Was sneezing a bit yesterday. Woke up sneezing and sniffling this morning and I'm definitely not feeling quite right. Just hope it's not a major cold setting in. Been reasonably lucky this winter. Bet it was the snuffling and spluttering sod in front of me at the supermarket check-out the other day who gave me something!
    Said on the radio this morning that today is the start of the hay fever season, but I'm betting that's a lot less fun than a cold.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

It's weird how we are not adapted to this planet. Cold kills us, heat kills us, too much exposure to the sun kills us and loads of us are allergic to the plant and animal life. Makes you think.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    My sisters were both born there. For some reason I've never been able to fathom, I was born in Mill Lane Maternity Hospital in Wallasey, even though my family were still living in Liverpool, just off Scotland Road, and didn't move 'over the water' until I was two. Neither Mill Lane Hospital nor the street we used to live on are there any more.

Greenwich District Hospital, where our two daughters were born, has also been demolished. It was built in the 1970s, and knocked down in 2006.
    Maybe mum and dad had gone there for their holidays, and mum went into labour early and the charabang couldn't get back quick enough.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Nobody goes to Wallesy for their holidays, man. No-one ever went there unless they had to. If he'd been born in Rhyl you might be onto something.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread