+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091991391895891089 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

One leg, one brain cell, and a bit of lycra. All you need!

I love it when they alternate between road user and pedestrian, makes me want to get out and give them a big kiss.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    One leg, one brain cell, and a bit of lycra. All you need!

I love it when they alternate between road user and pedestrian, makes me want to get out and give them a big kiss.

Nice one Steve

We NEVER ride on the pavement, only on the road and queue with traffic when necessary and not push to the front etc
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

It's the same as with most things, the actions of a few dickheads ruin it for the majority who do it right.

Earlier this week I was leaving a small car park at the front of a shop. A car held back to let me out, and as I moved, a bike flew across the front of my van, and if my brakes hadn't been a1, I would have launched him into the road. If he'd been on the road to start with, I would have seen him. But he was riding the pavement, with his hands in his pockets!

His appearance (trackies and trainers from Sports Direct and baseball cap with peak pointed skywards, village idiot-style) suggested he may be hurrying from his latest drug deal to get to the pawn shop before it closes to buy back his sovereign ring.

But I'm not one to pre-judge people.

I'm Steve.

Something that made me smile this week, a new advert for confused.com (I think) with animated Action Men. Magic!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I know what you mean Steve, there are some terrible riders out there and, as you say, they get us all a bad name
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

I'd rather they were on the pavement myself, especially when the pavement is empty.

Dual carriageway on the way home from work, big wide pavements either side. Never any pedestrians as it is out in the suburbs and no-one walks anywhere. But they still insist on cycling on the road, holding up everyone else. There's one bit where there is a very steep hill and even the most lycra-clad, nutty helmet ones on the lightest 2 grand bikes can't go up it at any more than snails pace. Quicker to get off and just walk.

I appreciate that it is not legal for them to cycle on the pavement. Perhaps the law should be changed so they can use the pavement as a cycle path if the situation is appropriate?

No idea why anyone cycles round here, it's all ridges and valleys so it's up hill and down dale 4 or 5 times to get anywhere.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

My brother is a cycle nut and he loves the hills.

A couple of summers ago me and Mrs. P were having a ride to Lytham (me on the 'Blade, she was on her new toy, a Hyosung 650 Aquilla).

We came upon what must have been a couple of hundred cyclists on some organised run. This road has a designated cycle lane ( actually the pavement divided in two), but most of the cyclists ignored it and used the road instead, two and three cycles abreast. We could have got past them ok, but to try to pass cars which are stuck behind them at roughly 12 mph, is just inviting an accident.

I moaned about this to my brother, who told me many cyclists don't like to use cycle lanes because the road sweepers don't do anything with them, so the gravel makes them more prone to punctures. Honestly, they're paying no road tax, they got their lanes for free, what do they want, jam on it?

I'm not anti-cyclist, I'm really not, but there seems to be a growing attitude of 'I'm not breaking the law, so sod you'.

Even with the roads as congested as they are, I feel there's still room for all of us. It's the idiots who think their journey is more important than everyone elses that spoils it.

I'm Martin.

I'm not keen on curtailing anyone's freedom to do anything. But the whole cycling on main roads thing does need looking at. It really isn't practical in terms of traffic flow and the cyclists are in quite a lot of danger from the multitude of poor drivers. No matter how good a cyclist you are, you can't account for some idiot doing something random.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I have an idea which I reckon could 'out-eco' the cyclists. Show 'em who has the greenest credentials. I'm gonna buy a uni-cycle. It would use a fraction of the world's resources, and take up half the space on the road.

I would be a bit wobbly initially, so I will be nagging the local authority to make the cycle lanes wider. They wouldn't dare ignore me, after all I am saving the planet.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

A job I was called on to do recently, was to jack up a suspended wooden floor which had dropped slightly, leaving an unsightly half inch gap between the skirting and the floorboards. The space under the floor was too tight for me, so I contacted the smallest guy I know to get down there.

It later occurred to me that there may be a business opportunity there. Perhaps I could start an employment agency using small people for jobs like the one I just mentioned.

I reckon I could get the sign language people from the early-morning TV shows on board-they must get sick of endless episodes of Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, and the hours would be better too.

I would call my agency business 'Lilliput It Right'.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread