+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'm now a great aunt... nightmare

Can someone tell me why parents prefer their grandchildren and great grandchildren to their own children
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

You can hand them back at any time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

That would be the case Grant if their children still lived at home or caused their parents any trouble..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I'm now a great aunt... nightmare

Can someone tell me why parents prefer their grandchildren and great grandchildren to their own children
    I'm sure you'll be a fine great aunt Bev.

Unlike my sister, who has never been here to see my grand daughters in over twelve years, despite only living three miles away. Families all seem to have at least one weirdo .

Dunno about the second bit. I don't differentiate between my daughter or my grand daughters.

I'm Grant.

I'm a grandad but not a great grandad. Yet. Might take 10 years for that lol but you never know I might make it. It's good to have them close but not too close
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Well to be honest I was a pretty c**p aunt so maybe I'll be a better great aunt now I'm older and wiser

Since I moved away from my family about 20 years ago they make me feel like a complete outcast while my sister and niece, and now baby, are still close by my parents
    Bev

I'm Grant.

Well people need to be treated as today and not yesterday
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Traveled 300 mile round trip to be with family for my mums 80th couple of years ago, went to a lovely restaurant, and neither of my parents could string two words together to speak to me.. don't know why I bothered

Really upset me and I composed a letter to send to mum about how I felt, which also included some things that'd happened in the past, but never sent it
    Bev

I'm Grant.

If that's how they continue to behave then I would have to say eventually it will be their loss. You should make sure it isn't yours bev. You tried they were not interested. Ball is in their court.

Smile and enjoy your life
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Exactly Grant... It did cross my mind to completely disown them but that hasn't happened yet

Just thought of something else that happened.... Colin has had his leukemia for about 18 years, which obviously my parents have been told about; what type etc, but my dad turned round to me and said "what is it that Colins got?"
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread