+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 30801201281291301311321401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 11778

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No comment on post #1282?

I sometimes wonder why I reply to you in detail, on certain subjects, if it's just going to be ignored!

Marco.
    I feel the same about other Members who ignore my detailed and, I hope, helpful replies.

Apropos your post, Happy has just read it and laughed; finding your observations apposite. She agrees I deserve a Jaguar, but it will have to wait until next year.

As you know, we're building a house in Africa, and 'thanks' to Brexit and the fallen exchange rate, it's costing us about one third more than budgeted. Recently market volatility has cost me a lot, and whilst these things are transitory, at the moment we are being be 'careful' with expenditure.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Allow me to derail this thread too!

I just woke from the strangest dream! And thought I’d better write it down before I forget it.

A small meteor struck the Earth up in Northern Canada, near the North Pole. So, several scientists went up to take a look at it. It sat in a crater and was still whole, about 3 meters long, and 2 wide. Whatever it was made of was extremely heavy! And it was sinking into the earth. These scientists, two from Canada, two from America, and two from Russia, closely inspected it before it sunk out of sight. And later realized it had given them super powers! Such as telepathy, mind reading, seeing into the future, etc.

That’s when I woke up. Too bad really, I’d like to have seen how it ends? Maybe tomorrow night?

Russell
    Dobriy vecher Russell,

No dream, is real. Powers real. I tell how it end. It end badly. Comrades gone. Run to Mexico.

Do svidaniya,
    Anatoly Kuznetsov.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I recently had my central heating system replaced, which is also gas powered. As part of the installation, the integrity of the gas supply was tested (for leaks) etc. by a qualified gas fitter. Obviously that included the cooker supply hose.
    When my parents' gas supply was changed from town gas to natural gas the gas fitter told them the sorry tale of a bloke who tried to gas himself using natural gas, which isn't toxic. He was so pleased at having survived, he lit a cigarette to celebrate. BOOM!

I'm Steve.

Natural gas is also odourless. The smell is added to help detect leaks. I suppose everyone knows this though.

When I was an apprentice at a printing works, one of my tasks was to light the boiler in the cellar in winter. I would get it started by putting discarded rags in with some wood, and then douse it all in paraffin from a fairy liquid bottle before sticking my head in there with a lit match.

One morning I mistakenly used petrol. This resulted in a ball of flame engulfing my head, and the secretary came rushing down the cellar steps because she felt the boom through the floor.

All my boss said was "Could you not smell the petrol you dozy bugger?"

No lasting damage. Although my eyebrows took weeks to grow back.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No comment on post #1282?

I sometimes wonder why I reply to you in detail, on certain subjects, if it's just going to be ignored!

Marco.
    I agree with Marco on 1283

Russ

I'm Geoff.

That's torn it. The government has voted the Heathrow third runway expansion through. Not sure how they'll get that to be compliant with environmental requirements, Heathrow fails on that already.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Natural gas is also odourless. The smell is added to help detect leaks. I suppose everyone knows this though.
    Well, I knew it.

When I was an apprentice at a printing works, one of my tasks was to light the boiler in the cellar in winter. I would get it started by putting discarded rags in with some wood, and then douse it all in paraffin from a fairy liquid bottle before sticking my head in there with a lit match.

One morning I mistakenly used petrol. This resulted in a ball of flame engulfing my head, and the secretary came rushing down the cellar steps because she felt the boom through the floor.

All my boss said was "Could you not smell the petrol you dozy bugger?"

No lasting damage. Although my eyebrows took weeks to grow back.
    I've never had a manly job like that. i worked in a fire station once, but only as a temporary wages clerk.

My father used to tell me stories about when he was an apprentice back in the 1930s. New blokes were always sent to the stores with requests for 'a left-handed screwdriver', 'a tin of tartan paint' and 'a long weight'. Another trick was to nail someone's lunch box to the workbench (probably not as painful as it sounds).

I'm Russell.

Dobriy vecher Russell,

No dream, is real. Powers real. I tell how it end. It end badly. Comrades gone. Run to Mexico.

Do svidaniya,
    Anatoly Kuznetsov.
    Thanks for that! I used to have some very complete dreams that were like watching a movie! It’s been a long time, and thought the plot of this one was worth repeating. It really does sound like the start of one of these recent super hero movies. Steven King’s books all started as a dream of his. He took his affliction of having nightmares and turned it into a fortune! I should have studied literature.

Once I was in a bar, and this old gal was hitting on me, by giving me a palm reading and telling my fortune. She asked if I had any strange dreams lately, so I told her one, and she stood up, and walked away! Never saying a word. I’m not sure what that means?

Russell

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Once I was in a bar, and this old gal was hitting on me, by giving me a palm reading and telling my fortune. She asked if I had any strange dreams lately, so I told her one, and she stood up, and walked away! Never saying a word. I’m not sure what that means?

Russell
    I worked with a woman once who was into Tarot cards, astrology and all that bollocks. She told me she could instantly tell what someone's star sign was. After three incorrect guesses at mine, I said, 'OK, thats enough guesses. I'm Aries'. She refused to believe me, and I had to show her my birth certificate to shut her up. Finally, she freaked out someone in the office by reading her Tarot cards, but refusing to say what the cards foretold, saying 'It's better that you don't know, really'. It was decided that she should be 'encouraged to seek other opportunities'.

I'm Russell.

Gas is dangerous, but I really enjoy cooking on a gas range. In fact, most chefs use gas ranges in their profession. I am forever burning things on an electric range. Mom has a glass top stove, and I can’t seem to cook anything on it. But my last home had a fine gas range! With the broiler, warming closet, and a griddle in the center on top! I could cook like a mad on that old range, probably 35 years old. Loved it! Hated to leave it when I moved.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread