+ Reply to Thread
Page 1123 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1236231023107311131121112211231124112511331173 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,230 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

get lots of strawbs and rasps. mostly stw them into compote but the better ones are from m and s and are for eating. not bought plums for years as you could play golf with them. pears are a dangerous weapon now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

So you don't get your "five a day"? Or do you regard chips and Guinness as two of them?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

we get free fruit at work, it all comes from ASDA. Fair amount of variation in the quality from week to week.

Satsumas and bananas are the most popular. Usually all gone in 48 hrs. Pears always last to get eaten, but they're okay.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So you don't get your "five a day"? Or do you regard chips and Guinness as two of them?
    No booze for me these days although have had a couple this week since I'm on holiday.

No I don't get my five a day, I just take a vitamin tablet. Healthy food doesn't agree with me, I can only eat a little bit of fruit or it makes me bad.

I tried vegetarianism once, after a few weeks was having dreams about eating steaks.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    get lots of strawbs and rasps. mostly stw them into compote but the better ones are from m and s and are for eating. not bought plums for years as you could play golf with them. pears are a dangerous weapon now
    Soft fruits such as strawberries and raspberries have to be kept in the fridge and consumed within three days.
    Don't eat pears much these days, because as you say, they can take ages to ripen. Plums have a similar problem, but not so bad as that with pears.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's like the lottery, you don't have to have the publicity if you don't want it.

Anyway they nicked him now so it's academic.
    Oh well, It was something to ponder .

Wonder what's best when you're on the run, moving by day and hoping to blend in or travelling at night and trying not to be noticed?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Wonder what's best when you're on the run, moving by day and hoping to blend in or travelling at night and trying not to be noticed?
    need to be good at diguise. city is full of people to blend in with and strangers dont stick out but there is cctv everywhere. countryside is opposite
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just had sardines in tomato sauce with buttered crusty multigrain wholemeal bread and a few small tomatoes, it was very good.

Followed that with a tasty big bowl of chopped melon, plums, peach and grapes.

I'll ne nipping up the high street in a minute to hunt for more fruit, some soft apricots would be good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

first thing he should have done shave his head and buy cheap sunglasses. Dress in the most nondescript clothes possible. Adopt a stoop and a bit of a limp, or get a walking stick. All in 'Day Of The Jackal' which he's probably never read which is why he was caught so quick.

These youngsters never read books, it will be their downfall. Instead he probably watched some Youtube video on how to evade capture made by someone with no idea. Hans Beekhuyven's criminal brother, possibly.

Looks like he had a good plan for the escape but no idea what to do next other than wander the streets in his prison clothes.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I would be interested in hearing what other Members think about the quality of fruit and veg available these days.

(Or the price of eggs if you prefer.)
    Much of it is rubbish, especially fruit, its often under ripe, thus bullet hard and tasteless. probably something to do with maximizing profits. When buying fruit from the supermarket I will often buy the higher priced variety, as it tastes considerably better. Strawberries are a good one, very low in sugar, bananas are the highest I think, and dried fruit is a big no no, as I'm trying to lower my blood sugar. Waitrose have a special brand of veg, its seasonal, and often from Italy, like fennel, courgettes, etc. The fennel is well worth buying, sweeter and fuller flavour than the standard variety. Waitrose sell these super expensive onions from France, I'd like to try them but they work out about a quid each!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread