+ Reply to Thread
Page 1053 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 535539531003104310511052105310541055106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,530 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    one of reasons i do it online and let them deliver it... its all too slow and some of them will be infected with something
    I know but there's a forty quid minimum and extra charge if you want it delivered at a time when you're not at work.

It's literally round the corner from me and on a Sunday, which is when I usually go, I am in and out in ten minutes tops.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I know but there's a forty quid minimum and extra charge if you want it delivered at a time when you're not at work.

It's literally round the corner from me and on a Sunday, which is when I usually go, I am in and out in ten minutes tops.
    tesco is going to 50 now... mind you its difficult not to spend 50 quid for me anyway. i try to get enough for near a week..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tesco is going to 50 now... mind you its difficult not to spend 50 quid for me anyway. i try to get enough for near a week..
    I rarely go over thirty quid. I suppose I could spend £40 but then it's another fiver to get a useful delivery slot. Spending £50 is really pushing it, I just don't need that much.

Plus I don't find the Sainsbury's site to be very user friendly, it takes forever to locate the stuff I want. Actually quicker just to nip round the corner in person.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Reckon single bloke with middle age couple behind is the best bet. Single blokes are quick to pack and pay, and middle age and older couples tend to work as a team and are efficient. I know the old lady will faff about but she only has six items, so I join queue one.
    We are one of those efficient older couples - Mrs P. packs all the bags as I do it all wrong, while I just stand there trying not to look at the woman in the next queue with 'juicy' printed across the back of her jogging pants
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    We are one of those efficient older couples - Mrs P. packs all the bags as I do it all wrong, while I just stand there trying not to look at the woman in the next queue with 'juicy' printed across the back of her jogging pants
    almost certainly false advertising.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Yeah, "Skid mark resistant" might be a better slogan, but you'll never see that will you. People are so vain.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I bet they think those songs are about them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Alan.

Ate all the food in the house by Thursday, had Kentucky last night but no choice today other than go to the supermarket.

Usually I go on a Sunday as it's quiet and the trouble with going on Saturday is it's moron day. I was prepared for the worst and got it. Three checkouts open but all with long queues. My previous profiling research is pressed into service:

One queue has single bloke, followed by middle age couple followed by old lady with about six items.

Second has young couple buying a shedload and then about four blokes on their own with just a few items, and an old lady with a mini-trolley behind them

Queue three has young couple buying clothes then more old ladies with full baskets

Reckon single bloke with middle age couple behind is the best bet. Single blokes are quick to pack and pay, and middle age and older couples tend to work as a team and are efficient. I know the old lady will faff about but she only has six items, so I join queue one.

Things look up when the old lady decides to switch queues and I move forward to behind middle age couple.

Problem is the single bloke actually getting served is not only buying a shedload - his bill was £130! - he is packing so slowly it is difficult to believe you are seeing it. Even when all the scanning is done and the bird tells him how much he owes, instead of just paying, taking his trolley to one side and reorganizing his bags there while others are served, he ignores the request for payment and starts cocking about - moving a cabbage from one bag to another for example - and all in slow motion, like he is underwater or something.

This went on for minutes. Really had to bite my lip not to say anything, but if you create a ruckus they ban you and that would mean shopping at Lidl which I can't endure.

Nevertheless it's hard to cope with the ignorance of some people. In an ideal world he would be beaten to death, right there by the checkout, and everyone would cheer.

Finally he is done and pisses off. Then I realise the middle age couple are doing that thing where you split the shop into two lots and pay separately. The muppet can't get his card to read, so that takes forever, then he pays for the second lot on the same card anyway.

Comes to me and I am packed and paid in thirty seconds. Why would it take longer? Really what the fuck is wrong with people?
    Thanks for giving me a really good laugh, you couldn't make it up could you?
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm James.

Brilliant Martin and I have observed this happen soooo many times!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

Ate all the food in the house by Thursday, had Kentucky last night but no choice today other than go to the supermarket.

Usually I go on a Sunday as it's quiet and the trouble with going on Saturday is it's moron day. I was prepared for the worst and got it. Three checkouts open but all with long queues. My previous profiling research is pressed into service:

One queue has single bloke, followed by middle age couple followed by old lady with about six items.

Second has young couple buying a shedload and then about four blokes on their own with just a few items, and an old lady with a mini-trolley behind them

Queue three has young couple buying clothes then more old ladies with full baskets

Things look up when the old lady decides to switch queues and I move forward to behind middle age couple.

Problem is the single bloke actually getting served is not only buying a shedload - his bill was £130! - he is packing so slowly it is difficult to believe you are seeing it. Even when all the scanning is done and the bird tells him how much he owes, instead of just paying, taking his trolley to one side and reorganizing his bags there while others are served, he ignores the request for payment and starts cocking about - moving a cabbage from one bag to another for example - and all in slow motion, like he is underwater or something.

This went on for minutes. Really had to bite my lip not to say anything, but if you create a ruckus they ban you and that would mean shopping at Lidl which I can't endure.

Nevertheless it's hard to cope with the ignorance of some people. In an ideal world he would be beaten to death, right there by the checkout, and everyone would cheer.

Finally he is done and pisses off. Then I realise the middle age couple are doing that thing where you split the shop into two lots and pay separately. The muppet can't get his card to read, so that takes forever, then he pays for the second lot on the same card anyway.

Comes to me and I am packed and paid in thirty seconds. Why would it take longer? Really what the fuck is wrong with people?
    Emmmm, perhaps a cabbage leaf or two, gently pushed up his nostrils would have alerted him to his error? In a similar vein those people who get on the bus and then start fishing in their purse for their payment, yes it's always a bloody woman!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread