+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 46961361441451461471481561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I suspect that most here would be scared to death by, and run a mile from a *really hot* woman!

Marco.
    No point in my case, they'd only run after me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I suspect that most here would be scared to death by, and run a mile from a *really hot* woman!

Marco.
    I like to think I'd stick around to "give it a go", then make a run for it. Like spiders do.

Seriously, if you get a spare half hour or so, give "Our Guy in Russia" a watch, on All 4. Also has Putin riding with Russian Hell's Angels, and Guy Martin taking the controls in a Russian jet. Really interesting stuff.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Anto.

My soldering skills (such as they are) were on a big high up until last night. I repaired the micro usb port on my Pure Highway in car DAB , and promptly seemed to kill the charge lead and the Highway !! (I had used the multimeter loads of times to try and make sure the pos and neg were right way round ) The Highway will power up with batteries usually (which it had done when I suspected the usb plug was goosed ) but after my balls up with charge lead ,which appeared to die ,as the red led went out completely althought the fuse was good !
    But after this event , batteries (and new ones ) would not get her to come on !!!
    So I put it away , felt sad , especially when a new one is near £100

This afternoon , took the back off it ,generally blew the dust out and tweaked here and there then put batteries back in for a larf

Whey hey , up she fired !!! Very odd !!
    I have spent £16 on a new charge lead from Pure - Fingers crossed

Oh , and the Aiwa TT has a tonearm wiring issue , that comes and goes - Bah !!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

This last few months there have only been three living at our house - myself, Anita and Alice (the cat). The ankle biters have all moved out. Great!

Well almost. The problem we have is that we are planning to go on holiday for a week in Sept, and there will be no one living here to care for the cat. Options are either one of the kids drops by a couple of times each day to feed her, or put her in a cattery. Anita thinks it would be a bit cruel for her to be alone for hours on end, and I'm inclined to agree. But having her put in a big cage for a week seems barely any better.

I've asked her what she would prefer, but she just looks at me blankly before going back to licking her arse.

There must be others on here who have cats and holidays, what do you think would be the better option for her?

You may gather from this post that it's been a quiet week newswise. and I'm tired of looking at Brexit bickering.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

If she is used to her freedom and such then she can be let out and I n. Fed and watered. I did it with mine for a week a couple of times. She wasn't best chuffed with me mind but it's better than a cattery. Neighbor did the looking in etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Perhaps that would be the best way. When the weather's good she spends most of the daytime playing out and only comes in at mealtimes and (reluctantly) when it's going dark. Plus she'll see a familiar face a couple of times a day.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Cats like their own territory so I reckon she will be happier to stay on her own in familiar surroundings.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

That's two votes for 'remain'.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Anto.

Today , I decided to make a cheeky offer for a turntable for spares .
    It had been kicking about on the bay for weeks and I was interested (a bit)
    Messaged the seller , would he take an offer . He would !!!!
    So , asked a few questions ,did the strobe work ,was it a good constant speed , and he said yes .
    Few more questions then I offered the asking price less the postage.

Went for a shower and came to check my e mails . Had a review offer of the amount I had asked it for !!

Clicked on link and it had gone - expired , 7 mins earlier

Dont bugger about in the shower - is the moral of the story , (although I had fully expected him to agree then post it as a buy it now ,with me hovering over the buy button !!)

I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Might it not reappear? Often stuff that doesn't sell keeps getting relisted.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread