+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485931331835831083 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... I'm all for giving a 'good home' to a stray rabbit

Marco.
    Ooh no, that could be painful

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Depends on how slack things are 'up there'!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Bought two decent looking teeshirts in Tesco today. Size 'large'. They don't fit. Bugger!! I'll have to take them back tomorrow, they're nigh on skin tight. Better get XL.

Anyway, that's my little snippet.

I'm Shane.

Geoff is getting fatter

S.

I'm Geoff.

Getting slimmer mate. Was 45" chest. Only 44" now. Still 34" waist though.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bought two decent looking teeshirts in Tesco today. Size 'large'. They don't fit. Bugger!! I'll have to take them back tomorrow, they're nigh on skin tight. Better get XL.

Anyway, that's my little snippet.
    Lol.... They'll likely be cut for a 'slim fit', which is popular with young guys wanting to show off their pecs!

Answer: stick with large, but go for t-shirts with a looser fit

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

No. They're regular cut. I always check. They looked big enough, but I was mistaken.

Getting slimmer mate. Was 45" chest. Only 44" now. Still 34" waist though.
    Is that comfortably achieved though, without any 'beer-belly overhang'?

So many guys say that they are such-and-such a waist size, when what they mean is that they can *just about* squeeze into jeans or trousers that size, by holding their stomachs in, when fastening the top button [only dorks wear zip-flies]!

If you've got a bit of a ponch, you need to wear trousers which fit around it, not below it [the measurement around your belly area will reflect your *true* trouser size, so don't kid yourself on], as otherwise you'll get (beer or otherwise) belly-overhang, and likely also a saggy arse at the back, from trousers riding down.

That's such a BAAAD look, especially from the side, and particularly with folk who tuck their shirts into their jeans or trousers, which simply serves to accentuate their gut, and the fact that their trousers are too tight!!

Not quite sure what my chest size is now, but generally large size t-shirts are fine, as XLs tend to be a bit baggy, but waist wise I'm currently between a 34 and 36", with one being, depending on the cut of jeans or trousers, slightly too loose, and the other slightly too tight, but then I am 6ft 2ins.

My aim is to get back down to a (comfortable) 34" waist, with no belly overhang, as that's what I used to be a few years ago

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is that easily achieved though, without any 'beer-belly overhang'?

Marco.
    No beer gut here mate. Still got a six pack without even working out (at the moment).

I'm Shane.

No beer gut here mate. Still got a six pack without even working out (at the moment).

Prove it!

S.

+ Reply to Thread