+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 34841241321331341351361441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    This popped up on Facebook yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heh I used to do something very similar when I was a kid, except I would heavily visualise a dream, then eventually would wake up in it and control it. I had a secret staircase under my bed that I would walk down into my dreams.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Andrew.

Wow ! I must try it , I’ve never been able to remember any dream in full .

I'm Russell.

This popped up on Facebook yesterday

That is most interesting. And tells me why I always get an itch when I’m trying to sleep!

Russell

I'm Geoff.

Here you go. Treat yourself to something utterly useless (unless you want a paperweight), but really fascinating! I'd like it .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bronze-Go...YAAOSwRuVbMgXD

There are some good YouTube videos of these.

I'm Russell.

Wow ! I must try it , I’ve never been able to remember any dream in full .

I’ve read, and have noticed it myself, that your brain doesn’t dedicate much if any memory to dreams. Many times when you wake you’ll remember a dream you just woke from, but an hour later you can’t recall any of it, you may recall waking from a dream, but the details have faded, it was in your short term memory, but was not kept in long term memory. Only dreams that have some impact, that really scare you or seem very real or something, will cause you to want to remember it. They say everyone dreams, most every night, but if the dreams stop 15 or 30 minutes before you wake, they are long forgotten. I read this in a book a girl loaned me about dreaming, about the technical side of it. It seems there are scientist and doctors who spend a lot of time and money researching dreams, and trying to figure out why we dream at all. And what purpose they serve. They claim they are essential to a healthy mind, sleep depravation can drive you mad! And it’s the lack of dreaming that causes it. But they don’t know why, really. I suppose running a kitchen would become a disaster if you never took out the trash?

Russell

I'm Geoff.

I recall dreams from my childhood. Mainly the scary ones.

Dreams are the subconscious mind (which has a degree of consciousness) trolling (or scrolling) through the memory archives of experience and sensations in an associative but random manner. So in theory, dreams can be about just about anything.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Here you go. Treat yourself to something utterly useless (unless you want a paperweight), but really fascinating! I'd like it .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bronze-Go...YAAOSwRuVbMgXD

There are some good YouTube videos of these.
    I used to have a tortoise that made a good doorstop during his hibernation, but one year he woke up early, wandered off and got hit by a car. This would be the perfect replacement.

Shame it's unpolished, and I bet the polished ones are quite expensive. Plus it'd probably clash with the doorknob I cobbled together from an old Faberge egg.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’ve read, and have noticed it myself, that your brain doesn’t dedicate much if any memory to dreams. Many times when you wake you’ll remember a dream you just woke from, but an hour later you can’t recall any of it, you may recall waking from a dream, but the details have faded, it was in your short term memory, but was not kept in long term memory. Only dreams that have some impact, that really scare you or seem very real or something, will cause you to want to remember it. They say everyone dreams, most every night, but if the dreams stop 15 or 30 minutes before you wake, they are long forgotten. I read this in a book a girl loaned me about dreaming, about the technical side of it. It seems there are scientist and doctors who spend a lot of time and money researching dreams, and trying to figure out why we dream at all. And what purpose they serve. They claim they are essential to a healthy mind, sleep depravation can drive you mad! And it’s the lack of dreaming that causes it. But they don’t know why, really. I suppose running a kitchen would become a disaster if you never took out the trash?

Russell
    The brain just doesn't have the capacity to remember everything you experience each and every day. Dreaming is becoming aware of the brain sifting through all the day's information and moving it from the short-term memory into the long-term memory; discarding unimportant trivia as it does so. That is why dreams, if remebered can seem so wierd, but if you can remember then you can usually work out where the component parts came from.
    Barry

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The brain just doesn't have the capacity to remember everything you experience each and every day. Dreaming is becoming aware of the brain sifting through all the day's information and moving it from the short-term memory into the long-term memory; discarding unimportant trivia as it does so. That is why dreams, if remebered can seem so wierd, but if you can remember then you can usually work out where the component parts came from.
    Sounds about right. Except for the “usually”, part, as noted on some of the dreams I’ve relayed here, I have no idea where that stuff came from. Even after pondering them for 30 years and still no idea.

But some dreams are easy to figure out. My Dad is always dreaming he finds money. Or gold, or gets rich, that’s pretty easy to figure out. My Grandfather used to have a reoccurring dream the devil was trying to pull him through a knothole in the floor! So yes, I guess you’re right.

Russ

I'm joe.

IKEA. Fucking hell.

+ Reply to Thread