+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 408088899091921001401905901090 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Ouch! Just paid the annual council tax and water rates. That's made rather a dent in my funds so no Hi-Fi treats for a while!

I'm Grant.

mine went up again... pay it monthly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The water company are taking the piss. The fee has near doubled in the last three years.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    You can ride a normal bike with one leg if you strap it to the pedal - assuming you have a foot on the end of the leg, or at least a knee and a bit of a stump.
    This is one area of AoS where I actually can provide 'expert' advice, and I assure you, the last thing you'd want to do as a one-legged person is strap your foot to the pedal!

*assuming you mean the 'missing' leg, even then, you would always have to make sure your weight is leaning over to the 'good' leg, else it's "Thank you and goodnight". :-)
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    This is one area of AoS where I actually can provide 'expert' advice, and I assure you, the last thing you'd want to do as a one-legged person is strap your foot to the pedal! )
    Yes. I can see where that might get a little tricky.

I'm Geoff.

What a shame. The older codgers here may be sad to hear Katie Boyle has died. The youngsters won't know her.

She was a really charming and very attractive woman. A regular face on TV through the sixties and seventies.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What a shame. The older codgers here may be sad to hear Katie Boyle has died. The youngsters won't know her.

She was a really charming and very attractive woman. A regular face on TV through the sixties and seventies.
    A shame indeed... does that make me an "older codger" ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The water company are taking the piss. The fee has near doubled in the last three years.
    Do you have a water meter Geoff? I changed to a meter years ago and now my water costs are tiny ..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Do you have a water meter Geoff? I changed to a meter years ago and now my water costs are tiny ..
    Possibly not a good idea. If the family should for some reason need to move back here, I suspect being on a meter could cost rather more.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    A shame indeed... does that make me an "older codger" ?
    Not as old a codger as me.

(not that I feel old)

+ Reply to Thread