+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So you don't judge yourself?
    Good point Geoff...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah I see... Don't see any advantage in that though (other than ensuring that payment is made when there's defo money in the account), and it's a recipe for the utility company in question to use you as a bank, which is precisely what's happened.

Nope, that doesn't happen with us, especially with the judicious use of our smart meter!

Marco.
    I get £100 a year discount for paying by DD. I use so little it isn't worth shopping around. I am surprised that I am so much in credit though. But they hadn't read the meter in almost 3 years and I was in credit the last time too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I get £100 a year discount for paying by DD. I use so little it isn't worth shopping around. I am surprised that I am so much in credit though. But they hadn't read the meter in almost 3 years and I was in credit the last time too.
    The discount applied is a good reason to pay by DD, *but* you need to monitor how much you're paying, based on your usage, to ensure that YOU are getting the benefit of paying bills that way, not your supplier, who otherwise will simply take advantage of any overpaid funds, in the way you have described.

Why do you think they offer that discount in the first place? Because they know that plenty of folks like you will be sucked in, and end up overpaying, and so they can redistribute those funds and/or gain interest from them, sitting in their bank account, which probably amounts to many MILLIONS of pounds of extra profit!

What you should do is access your electricity/gas account on-line, via the website of your supplier, monitoring the balance on your account regularly, and as soon as a significant amount of credit has been generated (way less than £1600), ask them to refund you that amount - or even better take regular meter readings yourself, and enter those details into your account, before your bills have been generated, thereby ensuring that you're not continually overpaying.

And of course, as I've already said, if you had a smart meter you'd know *exactly* how much electricity/gas you were using at any given time, and so would always be in full control of your spending, but we won't go there!

Lastly, I'd be insisting that your supplier refunded the £1600 over-payment (or a large chunk of it) immediately, as it's YOUR money, not theirs. Quite simply, there is no logical reason on their part for holding onto those funds, if your historical usage at this time of year, or any other, indicates that you're extremely unlikely to use that much energy.

You should always be "arsed" to take full control of any aspect of your spending, as it pays to do so, and unfortunately your lackadaisical approach to things is the reason that you're in this position. If you adopt a more proactive one instead in future, then what you're experiencing now won't happen

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

i use a pre pay meter,i like the convenience and no shock bills.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Costs more that way, though. If you've got a correctly functioning smart meter, there are never any "shock bills"

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rob.

I don't see any point in sending Xmas cards to people you haven't seen or spoken to for years and years. Mrs Puffin gets out her annual card list and off she goes........
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Interesting new aircraft. Chinese amphibious job!

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._136848842.htm

I'm Martin.

Just been down Sainsburys for some last minute Xmas shopping (actually all of my Xmas shopping)

OMFG I wonder if the building has a maximum capacity as they must be close to exceeding it. And they'd only been open 20 minutes.

On the plus side they did have my doughnuts in stock for once. Minus side, forgot to buy batteries. Not going back in there again. Will have to rob them out of various remote controls. The children will wonder why their new toys die on Boxing Day of course but I'll be out of there by then
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just been down Sainsburys for some last minute Xmas shopping (actually all of my Xmas shopping)

OMFG I wonder if the building has a maximum capacity as they must be close to exceeding it. And they'd only been open 20 minutes.
    I've been avoiding large shops and supermarkets for the last few days, as I know it gets pretty insane with people buying at the last minute. I stocked up with what I need last week.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Interesting new aircraft. Chinese amphibious job!

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._136848842.htm
    as in it flies under the water?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread