+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 44941341421431441451461541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Dominic.

My mates uncle's cousin works in ASDA as the acting deputy manager's elect assistant on the fish counter and he is ugly. Abuses the privilige in fact. Last I heard he was dismissed for ungentlemanly conduct with a Halibut.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I should be ok, some of my best friends are Asda employees...

I've checked my facts and it was just one guy, who was jailed for 2 months (not for the chicken though). The rest of the Asda community are all fair minded and well adjusted human beings whom I have the greatest respect and admiration for. And have you noticed how good looking they all are? I never shop anywhere else.

Think I should be safe now.
    I have a vision of you slapping your arse like that woman used to do in the advert
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

I WAS the woman in that advert. We had to redo that scene 46 times. I couldn't sit down for a week. Guy on the fish counter suggested rubbing my arse cheeks with a halibut, said it always worked for him. Next time I saw him he was sat outside Poundland with a scruffy dog and a hat full of coins.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

To paraphrase Monty Python: "This thread is getting silly - and now for something completely different" -

Today I went to pick up my GF's laptop which supposedly had had its screen replaced. I was told it would take about a week to get the replacement screen, so I phoned last Friday to find how things were progressing. Yes the screen had arrived and was being fitted to the laptop as I spoke - it would be ready for collection later that day. Couldn't pick it up Friday, so I told them I would come in today (Monday).

Went in today only to find that the laptop had not been repaired! The excuse was the wrong part had been supplied, but the correct one had just been delivered, and if I would come back in half an hour it would be ready. As it is not my machine I informed my GF of the news. She said she wanted a good job done and not a rushed one, so I went back to tell them to take their time and I would pick it up next Monday. I had only been out of the shop for no more than ten minutes, but when I returned the screen had been installed.

I paid £85 for the work, which I believe is not atypical. However I suspect the replacement screens are probably no more than say £40, so £45 for five minutes work makes me think I was in the wrong occupation.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

The RAF Centenary flypast is due to cross London in the next few minutes. They always come in my direction, so I'll have a camera handy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The RAF Centenary flypast is due to cross London in the next few minutes. They always come in my direction, so I'll have a camera handy.
    Make sure you photograph all 100 planes (and helicopters).
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Yes, they flew past. A bit of a distance away and only the jets fighters and Red Arrows. There were a lot of Typhoons and that's the first time I've seen F35's.

I'm Geoff.

Good news hearing that those lads in the Thai cave were all got out. I seriously doubted it could be done initially.

I'm Anto.

Good news hearing that those lads in the Thai cave were all got out. I seriously doubted it could be done initially.
    My wife wanted to know how the rescue was going . This was last night . I typed in Thai Boys but suddenly stopped before I hit search
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+1 to that! That, and the resignation of two pretty useless members of the Cabinet is the best news I have heard in days. Definitely cause for celebration!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread