+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grant Brown (Struth) Moderator - RIP

I'm Josie.

Default Grant Brown (Struth) Moderator - RIP

It is with a heavy heart that we have to report the death of Grant Brown
    , known to us by his forum name 'Struth' on the evening of the 21st March 2024.

Grant was a major and popular contributor to The Art of Sound forum: clocking up just over 99,000 posts covering his interests in music (jazz and blues especially), whisky, tea, coffee and film. Grant will be sorely missed by all of us Moderators and I'm sure by many of the faithfull Members of AoS.

Grant was a total star. He always had time to answer questions and was an amazing contributor to the Forum. I for one will miss him dearly and my heartfelt sympathies go out to his family. R.I.P Matey... you will be missed.
    Jo (The Black Adder)

Grant made a huge personal contribution to this forum and community. We are going to miss him terribly.
    Martin (Macca)

Grant was a friendly, gentle and affable guy and I will miss him terribly.
    Geoff (walpurgis)

Although I never got to meet Grant, or even speak to him directly, I felt I had known him as a friend for years. That was what Grant was like: gentle, considerate and knowledgeable, and always ready to help. His contribution to this forum and community is incalculable and he will be greatly missed.

I like to think he somewhere else talking and drinking whisky with those Blues and Jazz artist(e)s, whose music he loved so much.
    Barry

If, and when, we get any details of the funeral arrangements, we will post them here for those who would like to pay their respects.

Many thanks
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 24-03-2024 at 07:58.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Rob.

Oh that is very very sad. We all get pleasure from interacting with other members on here and despite the fact that we may have never met them you can get a real sense of the person from what they say and how they say it. For one to pass away it is a real loss to all of us.

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Rob
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Robin.

Really sad news, he was of course not in great health and had not been feeling well recently. We shared , in no particular order, a love for Glasgow Rangers, Malt whisky and good music. he was lovely guy, and without fail he would always comment on anything I posted. Only met him in person the once, when I purchased my Pathos amp from him , a couple of years ago, at the time he was selling some equipment off and most of his vinyl.
    I will miss our chats and his advice/thoughts, we will be home tonight from holiday and pour a glass of something special in a toast to him.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Peter.

Very sad news. A big and generous personality on this forum for years. RIP.
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Adrian.

Oh very sad indeed, I will miss him greatly he was very helpful and supportive to me when I was recovering from my own health issues. He always had a good and supportive comment on audio and music and pointed me at several artists new to me. He also had a great sense of humour I will miss our occasional chats.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm James.

Very sad to hear this news. I will miss his generosity and kind nature and all the help he gave over the years. His comments were always appreciated and his knowledge on many subjects and equipment always gave an invaluable insight. I will miss his constant presence and amiable banter.

I feel we have lost one of the true Gents of AOS and someone who was a great personality on this forum.

RIP
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Dave.

That is a shock and I will really miss him even though we never met. A great loss to AOS with his wit and wisdom, one of the reasons I enjoy posting on AOS. We often exchanged comments and he was a true gent.

God bless you Grant.

I'm Brian.

Met Grant loads of times until Covid arrived and stopped us all in our tracks. I visited him at his home on several occasions and had a listen to his system and a long chat. Grant was a real gent and was very knowledgeable about music and all things hifi. He built his own speakers and had a treasure trove of vintage gear in a room in his house. He also had a big collection of rare vinyl. Lovely guy and a sad loss to us all.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Edward.

I will miss Grant. Due to Grant and I having lots of WhatsApp messages over the years his daughter Angela contacted me to inform me of his passing on Thursday evening. I'm so glad she did. Since then we have had a few messages. One message I sent to her was the following which sums up my feelings.

Once again my sincere condolences on the passing of your dear dad. At times we had long chats on the phone which I enjoyed very much. He was a deeply warm person and always looked out for other people. This is despite all the sadness he and your family have had to endure.

He was a very much respected leader on the Art of Sound, always taking care to help people and providing positive feedback to others. He will be much missed.
    RIP Grant.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Really saddened to read of this awful news. I know Grant has struggled with health issues, but still a shock.

In spite of it all, and some personal tragedies, he was always a positive force on here, always ready with help and practical advice, which could make even the most inexperienced forum members feel valued.

Many times I have laughed out loud at some of the random comments he'd make - spoken with a gentle humour that was often odd, but never offensive. I loved that about him.

His passing will leave a huge hole in this forum, and undoubtedly in the lives of those who knew and loved him. I wish I'd met the man (there's a lesson here for all of us).

God bless you Grant.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast