+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PAYPAL....advice please

I'm peter.

Never pay by Friends and family , or sell abroad , Cash is king , if some one picks it up and then says he never received it to paypal you will lose your money as no proof of delivery has been obtained , paypal is great if you no the person and they are in the uk , not sure about abroad , never pay by bank trans or accept a payment via bank trans , you will lose evey thing ,

I'm Martin.

I don't understand something here. You are selling, you insist on transfer by paypal friends and family, so as far as paypal are concerned the buyer is just sending you money out of the goodness of his heart. There is no legal transaction taking place for paypal, they even warn you of this when you make a payment via friends and family. So if you are the buyer and you don't get the goods you cannot reclaim your money via paypal. Via your bank or credit card provider, I don't know. I strongly suspect they would not be interested either.

If you make a payment by paypal, totally different matter. Then the seller has to trust the buyer.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't understand something here. You are selling, you insist on transfer by paypal friends and family, so as far as paypal are concerned the buyer is just sending you money out of the goodness of his heart. There is no legal transaction taking place for paypal, they even warn you of this when you make a payment via friends and family. So if you are the buyer and you don't get the goods you cannot reclaim your money via paypal. Via your bank or credit card provider, I don't know. I strongly suspect they would not be interested either.

If you make a payment by paypal, totally different matter. Then the seller has to trust the buyer.
    When you receive a payment can you tell if it was sent as payment for goods or family and friends?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Don't do it Brian as it may well be a scam and you will have no proof that the "friend" will ever pass the item on

They only way I would touch it is if the buyer sends Paypal to that "friend' and then he pays you the cash, that way there is no danger of them trying to reverse the Paypal transaction
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm brian.

Thanks for all the input

Im with MACCA. I understand that paypal cant /wont get involved in a dispute if Paypal gift/friends is used as the payment method.

That is not my worry.

My worry is that a credit card company used by the buyer to fund the Paypal transaction may get involved, and i end up scammed.

No-one has been able to tell me that, here or elsewhere.

I put it to the buyer that he get cash to his mate, to pass on to me. He said no.

So, Ive walked away from the deal.

Anyone near Liverpool want to buy a small, rare 60 year old sax mouthpiece ???
    Cash on delivery

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Thanks for all the input

Im with MACCA. I understand that paypal cant /wont get involved in a dispute if Paypal gift/friends is used as the payment method.

That is not my worry.

My worry is that a credit card company used by the buyer to fund the Paypal transaction may get involved, and i end up scammed.

No-one has been able to tell me that, here or elsewhere.

I put it to the buyer that he get cash to his mate, to pass on to me. He said no.

So, Ive walked away from the deal.

Anyone near Liverpool want to buy a small, rare 60 year old sax mouthpiece ???
    Cash on delivery
    if he said no, then it most likely was a scam. there is no good reason not to other than him using a credit card .... they can and may refund him if he says it was fraud, and may come after you. but its a little complex adding paypal in the mix. Personally Id be well shot of him.
    oh and the "friend" ay be the buyer.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12