+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XLR selector/ switch box advice

I'm Gareth.

Default XLR selector/ switch box advice

I have three sources with XLR outputs but only one XLR input on my SS integrated amp. One idea is to use a selector box allowing me to hook up all three devices, and I think I've found one that might do the job:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stereo-3-I...53.m1438.l2649

Does this look to be a reasonable quality device? Not so sure about the switches.

And pls, no RCA vs XLR debate. I posted the very same question elsewhere and it degenerated into a discussion about the merits of RCA against XLR. By all means tell me not to bother, but I'm searching for an answer to my problem.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Apologies for the very slow reply to your question Gareth.

I see no reason why the Douk XLR switch box should not be OK, though I would have preferred it had Douk used a single 2-pole 3-way rotary switch, rather than the three DPST switches used. In fact there is nothing to the switch box that one could not do oneself if you are able to solder; save for expediency. Remember, you may have to pay import duty and VAT if you buy from China.

Regards
    Barry (also lives in Chelmsford and is also a big XLR balanced-line fan!)
    Barry

I'm Graham.

I guess it's down to how much you want to spend,I have one of these,top quality product. https://cvp.com/product/kramer_vs-4x...FeG87QodycIJTQ
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

+ Reply to Thread