+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hana SL Rebuild, Aluminium/Shibata Vs Sapphire/Paratrace

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It might. But it would be worth finding out if it's a whole new cantilever (unlikely) or a sleeved or bonded replacement cantilever section, which is of course a compromise.
    Here is the relevant section from my email that gives basic details of the work:

(I note your interest in upgrading your cartridge and you may like to consider a modification we carry out to upper end cartridges. The modification involves the removal of the aluminium cantilever, machining an abutment and bonding a low mass white sapphire cantilever together with our ultra low mass Paratrace profile diamond. The reduction in overall mass allows the cartridge to trace groove modulations with greater accuracy resulting in maximum retrieval of information)

I'm Hugo.

I recommend also getting a repair quote from Ana Mighty Sound - http://anamightysound.com/ who may be able to offer a much wider range of cantilever and tip options. ESCo's Paratrace tip does not wear well (they do state that it has a limited life, and unless my memory is playing up Mr Hodgson did tell me a few years back that a Paratrace fitted only two years earlier to my Kontrapunkt B was badly worn and 600 hours life is normal).

montesquieu Guest

Second Hugo's suggestion Ana did a fab job with my 'bamboo' Miyajima!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Cheers for the heads up, am awaiting an email. Have also contacted Air Audio who are the UK distributors and they have offered me a 25% discount against a new one (couldn't use a dealer as have no receipt) that is standard for ALL Hana carts. Either way I will need to do some saving up as bank balance is still trying to recover from the Mb845 Purchase at end of August.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12