+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chord Hugo / 2Qute

I'm gone.

I had a Hugo2 with a view to buying it.
    I was expecting great things from the reviews.
    But I couldn't bear it after about 2 hours.

Great rez and transparency. I mean, really great.
    But I suspect it failed the microdynamics hurdle for me - the subtle musical inflections in the musicians' playing that bring the music to life and convey emotion were badly lacking.
    A very frustrating product, I would have loved to have loved it.

Interesting comments from Jimbo above about the Chord DAVE - it seems that may have sorted the issue, but not at a price that I am willing to pay!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Unfortunately the Hugo I received did not have enough clearance around the phono sockets to fit my interconnects so I had to send it back

I didn't realise that there were two versions of the original Hugo; one which has very little clearance and an improved version with better clearance

I have now ordered the slightly later Hugo which addressed the problem with the clearance and it should be with me on Monday as well as a BNC to RCA cable from Mark Grant which will be used from the CD5 XS output into the Hugo
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I've had a 'good grief!' moment with the Hugo. It is so real sounding

I can't ever remember having such a reaction to any piece of hifi gear before, can the Hugo really be that good ?

It is such a tiny thing as well
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've had a 'good grief!' moment with the Hugo. It is so real sounding

I can't ever remember having such a reaction to any piece of hifi gear before, can the Hugo really be that good ?

It is such a tiny thing as well
    Even the Chord Mojo sounds extremely good so not surprised to your reaction to Hugo. When I first heard Hugo I was deeply impressed, then along came DAVE. That was an OMG moment in my hifi experience. Pity it's so expensive!

Glad you enjoying Hugo
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Glad you're enjoying it Bev.

The last "good grief" moment I recall was a cartridge. The ZYX R50 Bloom H. I just did not believe an MC costing less than £500 could possibly be that good!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm rupert.

haha

The little Hugo continues to amaze me and I wasn't expecting that

It sounds nothing like anything I've heard before so maybe all the fuss about it was correct

I've unplugged the mains so it's running off the battery at the moment

A truly amazing piece of kit
    Bev

I'm Grant.

Glad your happy with it. If I win the lottery I might get one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dani.

it s a great dac
    from when i got it i didn t have the itch to change my digital source anymore (usb)
    a + is to be plugged trough spdif to a marantz cd6003 (i dont listen to cd anymore so often..)
    it s pretty small so very easy to move from a system to another, compared to the qute2 and i din t notice any differences
    the 2qute looks more solid, but need to be plugged to the electrical ... don t know the word! to work, hugo battery can works for more then 8 hours without any cable around
    great headphone amp inside for low impedance/high sensitivity headphone like many dynamics or in ear (i t s a top source amp for any in ear, even top of range ones)
    i enjoyd it very much with fostex th900 when i dont want to switch on all the other amps..
    if you re going to use it only in a classical setup (amp speaker whithout the need of moving it and use it unplugged) you can save money with qute2, or even qute hd, that i also had and sound great for its price especially now if you can find a second hand one

Quote Originally Posted by Montanari View Post
    it s a great dac
    from when i got it i didn t have the itch to change my digital source anymore (usb)
    a + is to be plugged trough spdif to a marantz cd6003 (i dont listen to cd anymore so often..)
    it s pretty small so very easy to move from a system to another, compared to the qute2 and i din t notice any differences
    the 2qute looks more solid, but need to be plugged to the electrical ... don t know the word! to work, hugo battery can works for more then 8 hours without any cable around
    great headphone amp inside for low impedance/high sensitivity headphone like many dynamics or in ear (i t s a top source amp for any in ear, even top of range ones)
    i enjoyd it very much with fostex th900 when i dont want to switch on all the other amps..
    if you re going to use it only in a classical setup (amp speaker whithout the need of moving it and use it unplugged) you can save money with qute2, or even qute hd, that i also had and sound great for its price especially now if you can find a second hand one
    Thanks Dani for your message

The reason I didn't got for the 2Qute is that it has 3v output which is far too high for my amps and the Hugo has a volume control so the output can be raised/lowered to suit the amp
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast