+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings From The New Forest

I'm Clive.

Default Greetings From The New Forest

Hello all.
    My name is Clive, I am a retired engineer fortunate enough to be able to live in a beautiful part of the country, the New Forest.
    I am not a prolific poster, but if I am stuck for an answer to something I will ask a question, and similarly if somebody asks a question that I know something about I will try to help.
    My system has evolved through much swopping and changing, and like many of my sort of age, has ended up with vintage idler drive TTs, valve amps and big Tannoys with a good music server/streamer and cd player as a digital front end.
    Music taste is very eclectic, jazz, blues, rock, pop, opera, and all classical genres.
    Regards
    Clive

I'm Grant.

Will the Conqueror country then... Welcome Clive. Jazz and Blues will do me too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Adam.

sounds like you are in the right company Clive..welcome
    "lack of passion is fatal"
    LP12, Kore, Lingo2, Aro, SKale / DV XX2Mk2 / WAD 300b Power Modded, Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / AD Audio 'Little Gate' Jfet MC Cartridge Amp / Tannoy 12" MGs in Chatsworth size cabs / Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA / Rpi3 & Digi + pro / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew / SW1X Audio Phono SPDIF AERO 6 / David Coe AD Audio Silver USB / Synology NAS Drive / Tidal HiFi

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveG View Post
    Hello all.
    My name is Clive, I am a retired engineer fortunate enough to be able to live in a beautiful part of the country, the New Forest.
    I am not a prolific poster, but if I am stuck for an answer to something I will ask a question, and similarly if somebody asks a question that I know something about I will try to help.
    My system has evolved through much swopping and changing, and like many of my sort of age, has ended up with vintage idler drive TTs, valve amps and big Tannoys with a good music server/streamer and cd player as a digital front end.
    Music taste is very eclectic, jazz, blues, rock, pop, opera, and all classical genres.
    Regards
    Clive
    Indeed should fit in nicely round here.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N + Shure M3D Jico stylus; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound bamboo cantilever, Spirit '78' 3.0 conical from Ana, also vintage GE VRII, Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Duncan 'Tuberhunter' 200w class D; preamp - Pass DCB1; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage SPU-GE; SUTs - Ortofon 2-15k & Bob's Devices; Phono Stage: Schiit Mani; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Martin.

Plenty of Tannoy lovers round here. A warm welcome
    Tangerine LP12,Naim Aro, Benz Wood
    Audiomeca Kreatura & Elixir Dac,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP100 MC
    SiriuS D100
    Quad FM4,RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    HSM with re capped Mundorf Supreme and Atlas rewire

I'm Brook.

Hi Clive, nice to see a familiar face here, how are things, it sounds like you might have changed one or two things since i saw your awesome system?

Mind you, I know the feeling, still not totally settled mine yet either although it is a lot nearer to how I want it to be,

I'm Geoff.

Hi Clive. Welcome to AOS.

Your equipment choices will sound familiar to many of us here, good vintage gear is well liked.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Have a look around and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Clive.

Thank you all for your welcome.
    Tom, I 'm still weighing up the EAR 861 I bought from you against the Shindos. I mainly listen to the EAR and it drives the 15" Reds really well, but every now and again I connect up the Shindos and oh, how sweet and nuanced that SET sound is. I can't keep both in the long run so will probably have to decide to let the Shindos go eventually.
    Brook, nice to hear from you. I think when you were last over I had the Audio Note AN Es but now have Tannoy GRF Corner Horns. You are very welcome to come for a listen.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveG View Post
    Thank you all for your welcome.
    Tom, I 'm still weighing up the EAR 861 I bought from you against the Shindos. I mainly listen to the EAR and it drives the 15" Reds really well, but every now and again I connect up the Shindos and oh, how sweet and nuanced that SET sound is. I can't keep both in the long run so will probably have to decide to let the Shindos go eventually.
    Brook, nice to hear from you. I think when you were last over I had the Audio Note AN Es but now have Tannoy GRF Corner Horns. You are very welcome to come for a listen.
    Nice to see you here Clive I didn't make the connection! You aren't alone making the journey from E's to Tannoys and the associated journey from SET to PP. The 16ohm taps on the EAR make it absolutely ideal for the Reds.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N + Shure M3D Jico stylus; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound bamboo cantilever, Spirit '78' 3.0 conical from Ana, also vintage GE VRII, Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Duncan 'Tuberhunter' 200w class D; preamp - Pass DCB1; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage SPU-GE; SUTs - Ortofon 2-15k & Bob's Devices; Phono Stage: Schiit Mani; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Brook.

Hey Clive, that would be lovely, an invitation that I cannot refuse, shall we swap numbers via pm?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast