+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings.

I'm Stephen.

Default Greetings.

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to TAoS. I'm a long standing member on a couple of 'other' site forums and for some reason never came across this one.

Like many, I'm a bit of a box swapper but at the moment I am pretty happy with everything although may consider changing my speakers.

My gear:

dCS Classic stack (Verdi, Delius and Purcell).

Karan KA i180 integrated. (With an MF X10 v3 on the non-balanced line in).

Kudos Cardea C30s.

I am considering swapping the c30s for a pair of Sonus Fabers (possibly Cremona floorstanders). I've never owned a pair of SF speakers but generally hear good reviews. I'm not a fan of the sterile, overly analytical sound but I do like warmth and detail. Not quite sure what to expect from SF?

Anyway, looking forward to some discussion around the madness that is our hobby...

Regards,

Steve.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

Sonus Faber speakers are certainly not sterile or hard sounding. I like them.

There's lots going on here, so have a look around and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

Cheers Geoff,

Will do!

I'm Martin.

Welcome to AoS. I recall your monika from the "other place" and particularly your DCS stack
    I owned a pair of SF Cremona Auditors for a while....they were amazing! and shared the Cremona sound. I want a pair but SWMBO says they are far too big.
    Problem with SF generally is they do need space
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Stephen.

Hi there. I see you have an Audiomeca... I previously had a mephisto Mk1... a lovely, fluid sounding transport!
    How did you find the bass in the Cremona Auditors? I've heard conflicting views on this as some say it was excellent while others describe it as somewhat lacking and needing a sub to supplement it. I'm not a 'bass head' but would like a full sound not excluding the lower reaches of the frequency spectrum.
    When you say need space, do you mean from the wall behind or just generally? I will struggle setting them out more than a foot from the wall behind I'm afraid. Did the same apply to the Cremona Auditors?

I'm Martin.

Hello
    I always found that the bass was more than adequate and both my brother and I were astounded that such a little enclosure could produce such a big sound.
    I did find that my Sirius had a better grip than my EAR 50wpc.
    It has oft been said that despite the Cremona relatively high efficiency it was still desirable for such muscle in the poweramp.
    By space I mean at least 18 inches pref more to the back wall and not too close to corners and perhaps against a flat wall. English chimney breasts are a real pain.

SWMBO is the major consideration to me getting my dream speaker.....which would be these
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/speakers/so...ers/1269536044

They are beyond me but closer to you!!!
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

Welcome Stephen
    i've owned Kudos speakers and i must say i was mighty impressed with them, as were others on the AoS who heard my set.
    Kudos Cardea C30s are a fantastic loud speaker!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Welcome Stephen
    i've owned Kudos speakers and i must say i was mighty impressed with them, as were others on the AoS who heard my set.
    Kudos Cardea C30s are a fantastic loud speaker!
    Hi Adam,
    Yes, the C30's are a lovely speaker and no slouches in any department.
    I recently listened to another member's Adam Audio Tensor Gamma active speakers and they were very impressive! He's possibly upgrading so I may purchase the Gammas from him, in which case the C30's will soon be up for sale. Given the quality, I think Kudos speakers should receive far more accolades and recognition!

+ Reply to Thread