+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD: Speakers delivered to London

I'm Lawrence.

My buyer has been back in contact, hopefully still on track so bumping. A few ideas: Jamo concert 11, kef reference model 1-4, Epos ES22, Celestion A2, Monitor Audio R952MD/1200 to name but a few I've liked.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 11-10-2017 at 06:05. Reason: Typo

I'm Phil.

add in proac 125 , loads on ebay and rather good for the money
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

Maybe the old response models are better value? I wouldn't mind trying some bigger Tannoys!

I'm Phil.

the studio models seem very popular , well worth a try if you are on a budget
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Hugo.

I have a pair of Avalon NP Evolution 2.0 floor standers in real Cherry veneer that aren't being used and really need a new home, for around £600. Lovely, musical things, designed to be used with grilles on, that stand less than 1m tall, yet with twin 6" bass units have a decent amount of bass extension. They still have their double shipping boxes. Not in mint cosmetic condition, since Avalon used lacquer that does chip easily at the edges (but nothing ugly), and there are some scratches at the bottom of one speaker that I will get seen to by a cabinet maker to render them invisible.

They look like these:

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Hugo, something to think about, I'd like to try that ceramic tweeter, but I've always wanted to try the higher range ones with the sloping baffles as they seem to go very cheap compared to RRP.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks Hugo, something to think about, I'd like to try that ceramic tweeter, but I've always wanted to try the higher range ones with the sloping baffles as they seem to go very cheap compared to RRP.
    Indeed, like most stuff that originally retailed at lofty prices. I think Avalon surprised themselves with the NP series, which were aimed at the home cinema market, but turned out to be good enough to threaten their 'proper' HiFi stuff, which I think is why they were dropped and the £7k Idea came in to fill the gap left by the NP 2.0. I'm now going to drag them down from storage upstairs and have a listen against the KEF LS50s (and indeed the Tannoy Berkeleys).

I'm Lawrence.

Ok if you send me some pics of the marks please I can have a think. Will PM my email.

Now if you were selling the Berkeleys...

I'm Lawrence.

Emergency!! My speakers should be gone by 5pm, so I'll consider a cheap short term pair to keep me going if I can move them on quickly without loss when needed. Condition less important. Loaner would be great too, I'd be eternally grateful!

I'm Edward.

Lawrence, if it is a very cheap short term you would be happy with why not go for something less than a pony? There is a guy near you trying to sell his AE120s which may fit the bill. Last unsold at £120 (on Gumtree, higher on e****) and he is happy to deliver within a short distance. But clearly the SQ will be nowhere near what you are used to.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast