Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
Lawrence, if it is a very cheap short term you would be happy with why not go for something less than a pony? There is a guy near you trying to sell his AE120s which may fit the bill. Last unsold at £120 (on Gumtree, higher on e****) and he is happy to deliver within a short distance. But clearly the SQ will be nowhere near what you are used to.
Thanks I thought of that but I refuse to deal with that guy. He makes up stories about having owned the gear he sells for years, if he's really owned all the stuff he's shifted for years from new he must live in a warehouse. And strange that half of it was going cheap on gumtree and ebay a few weeks earlier around the south east, identical down to veneer grain and serial numbers

He once tried to flog me a bunch of magazines that"spanned the decades". When he turned up with them they were dated 1997-2001, so they did indeed span two decades but not exactly what I expected. When I said they weren't what he had said, he gave me some story about having a hire car he was about to return and he couldn't leave the magazines in there. He's basically a liar.

And besides that, he's beaten me to about 3 great pieces of kit on gumtree I really wanted.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk