+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike New Base plates x4 Members Needed

I'm Mick.

Default Mike New Base plates x4 Members Needed

Ok is there another 4 members who fancy a MN bearing base plate ? Mike said If I can get 5 people minimum he may be willing to come out of retirement to do a limited run

If anyone is interested please tag onto this post
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

Tbh, I wish I never added the base plate to mine.

I see you have a MN platter and this is only my opinion, not here to upset anyone.

I thought it sounded best with the MN Bearing, standard platter, Oyaide MJ-12 mat and weight.

If I had never had glued the BP in place I may still have the deck. I found it changed the sound of the 1210 with the BP & MN Platter, it lost it's sparkle that I always liked and sounded slower and more lumpy.

Just my advice, think carefuly before you glue, there's no going back.

KR

Andrew

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Nigel.

Cheapskate that I am, I did the Cagey / Hugo inspirational idea of surrounding the bearing base, within the plastic well, in beeswax. I thought it a great little upgrade at the time. Never heard a base plate so couldn't offer comparisons.

I'm Mick.

Thanks for the advice. It gives me something to think about. As you say it's a no return modification I
    f you don't like it.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. It gives me something to think about. As you say it's a no return modification I
    f you don't like it.
    No worries and no offence intended.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    Tbh, I wish I never added the base plate to mine.

I see you have a MN platter and this is only my opinion, not here to upset anyone.

I thought it sounded best with the MN Bearing, standard platter, Oyaide MJ-12 mat and weight.

If I had never had glued the BP in place I may still have the deck. I found it changed the sound of the 1210 with the BP & MN Platter, it lost it's sparkle that I always liked and sounded slower and more lumpy.

Just my advice, think carefuly before you glue, there's no going back.

KR

Andrew
    Very odd, not my experience at all and first I've heard of anything like that as a result of the base plate being fitted
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Mick.

No worries and no offence intended.

Non taken

I'm Mick.

Well due to a change in direction I will not be needing a base plate anymore. The MN bearing has now been removed and the standard one put back in. My modded parts are for sale as the SL1210 is back to standard. I used it today in standard form apart from the standard rewired sleeved arm. Though it sounded ok I was shocked how grainy it sounded with the original kit back on it. Just proves spending money on this turntable does give massive gains but at a cost.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Well due to a change in direction I will not be needing a base plate anymore. The MN bearing has now been removed and the standard one put back in. My modded parts are for sale as the SL1210 is back to standard. I used it today in standard form apart from the standard rewired sleeved arm. Though it sounded ok I was shocked how grainy it sounded with the original kit back on it. Just proves spending money on this turntable does give massive gains but at a cost.
    What deck are you getting now?

My System:

I'm Mick.

What deck are you getting now?
    Still keeping the Technics Andy but trying out an SRM Athena turntable and up to now its a quality sound. Just ordered the upgraded PSU and 10mm platter that I have ben told makes a massive difference. Hence why I am selling the Techie stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast