+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Thorens td150

I'm Andrew.

Default WTD: Thorens td150

Looking for a TT for my missus for her birthday. Dosen't have to be perfect, quite happy to restore.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

I've got a couple.

A MK1 in pretty good order but with no arm.
    A MK2 not so good cosmetically with an incomplete original arm (missing bias weight and rider weight which appears to have been broken off).
    No lid on either.

£100 each plus postage or swaps for something.

I'm Stephen.

I have a Mk1 in excellent condition. Custom plinth/base /lid with SME 3009 II and AKG P8es supernova (about 20 hours on it) just sitting doing nothing. Not thought about moving it on until your post. Am away at present so can’t post photies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    I have a Mk1 in excellent condition. Custom plinth/base /lid with SME 3009 II and AKG P8es supernova (about 20 hours on it) just sitting doing nothing. Not thought about moving it on until your post. Am away at present so can’t post photies

That sounds like it could be an expensive TD150, but also very nice. Any idea of cost.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff101 View Post
    I've got a couple.

A MK1 in pretty good order but with no arm.
    A MK2 not so good cosmetically with an incomplete original arm (missing bias weight and rider weight which appears to have been broken off).
    No lid on either.

£100 each plus postage or swaps for something.
    Any pics?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    That sounds like it could be an expensive TD150, but also very nice. Any idea of cost.
    It is very nice. The SME is mint and was rewired and had phono socket conversion by J7 at Audio origami. It also has the SME fluid damper!
    The AKG is NOS - I sent it to the guy in Germany (forgot his name) to get it checked out before ever mounting who declared it perfect.

I bought/built to go with a Quad 33/303/FM3 (in wood sleeve) and JR149 system I put together for a “second system “ but as is the way of things I’ve played it about 20 times in the last 3 years as it’s now the defacto “third system” - TBH I might move the whole lot on and let someone enjoy. The Quads are superb having had the full Net Audio treatment. The JR149’s are perfect having had the latest XO’s, “original” ribbed foams and new French polishing. I spent a fortune doing it all and now just gathering dust in my study.

Sorry, digressing. I’d not thought of a price for the TD150 but I guess it’s worth around £750 all in.

You are most welcome to see/listen if you are in the Bradford/Skipton area anytime.

Always a little further

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    It is very nice. The SME is mint and was rewired and had phono socket conversion by J7 at Audio origami. It also has the SME fluid damper!
    The AKG is NOS - I sent it to the guy in Germany (forgot his name) to get it checked out before ever mounting who declared it perfect.

I bought/built to go with a Quad 33/303/FM3 (in wood sleeve) and JR149 system I put together for a “second system “ but as is the way of things I’ve played it about 20 times in the last 3 years as it’s now the defacto “third system” - TBH I might move the whole lot on and let someone enjoy. The Quads are superb having had the full Net Audio treatment. The JR149’s are perfect having had the latest XO’s, “original” ribbed foams and new French polishing. I spent a fortune doing it all and now just gathering dust in my study.

Sorry, digressing. I’d not thought of a price for the TD150 but I guess it’s worth around £750 all in.

You are most welcome to see/listen if you are in the Bradford/Skipton area anytime.

tbh £750 is more than I want to spend. I just want something to play a few old records and maybe get bashed by a young 3 year old! Your third system sounds like mine. An old lenco g75'p, some 149s, and a quad 405 Mk2!!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    tbh £750 is more than I want to spend. I just want something to play a few old records and maybe get bashed by a young 3 year old! Your third system sounds like mine. An old lenco g75'p, some 149s, and a quad 405 Mk2!!
    De nada. Hope you find something suitable.

Always a little further

I'm brian.

Does it have to be a 150.

I have a thorens 125 that I will sell. works perfectly, but the faceplate is a little tarnished. comes in plinth.

I can send pics, if of interest.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Does it have to be a 150.

I have a thorens 125 that I will sell. works perfectly, but the faceplate is a little tarnished. comes in plinth.

I can send pics, if of interest.
    anything really so long as it spins and plays. Please send some photos
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast