Hi all,

I find that I have a few songs I always play when I change something with my set up. Do you do that too?

Let us know which songs you use and why. I would love to have some new ones to try out.

This is my list, which is not really thought through - it is just a habit.

Paul Weller
- All the Pictures on the Wall - This is a strange recording but I like it. It has a bass and a bass drum that are difficult to tell apart on some systems. So this is my "bass control" test.

Next up: Sting - Island of Souls - This is one of of the widest soundstages I have ever heard on a recording. I swear the spanish guitar at the start is directly left from me!

Next up: Extreme - Cupid's Dead - Lovely recording with lots of attack and speed. Guitar work has got the wow factor every time for me.

Next up: Blof (Dutch Band) - Binnenstebuiten - floor toms across the soundstange which should not interfere with the rich bass guitar - it then gets more complex as more instruments and voices join - it needs to be nicely separated.

Next up: Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye - Can I hear the plectrums on the strings on both guitars and and does the top end stay in control in the middle section?

Next: Skunk Anansie - Lately - some systems I tried just got all messed up in the chorus - too muddled and a blur and Skin's harmonies can get lost in the "bridge section".

Finally: Rush - Alien Shore - only one problem with this one: It kicks ass on most systems. The quick bass string bends and hammer-ons are total quality.