+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody room acoustics

I'm Grant.

i would try moving the far speaker in front of the unit away from window temp and see if it comes back
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Lovely room and kit, get you a gallery thread please.

Have you listened with the windows open and closed, any variation in bass?
    Aside from that I think the window is killing the bass on that side.
    Oh and the speakers look quite far apart in relation to your listening position.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    The problem is worse when firing down the room especially from the window - I've tried a thicker rug.

Firing across bass is full on the left but almost non existent below 50hz on the window b side - its reflecting from something at 180° and so out of phase. I'll try covering everything that side.
    Ahh ok a bass suck out due to the difference in depth to the side and the window. Install heavy curtains, that might work.

Have you tried moving whatever that plant is sitting on out of there ? Maybe move the TV back further into the bay window. Other option strip the window area and see how it sounds with nothing there and put stuff back in until it goes off again, at least then you know what it is that is causing the issue.

I will say its all very cramped, not a lot of space around the speakers.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adrian.

I've tried just about everything today with no real difference, including blankets and duvets all over the place. Beginning to think maybe im deaf to very low frequencies in one ear but if thats true i never notice it in daily life or when listening to other set ups. I've been testing in mono. Not a happy bunny.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I've tried just about everything today with no real difference, including blankets and duvets all over the place. Beginning to think maybe im deaf to very low frequencies in one ear but if thats true i never notice it in daily life or when listening to other set ups. I've been testing in mono. Not a happy bunny.
    With more space to one side of a speaker than the other you may end up with a lopsided soundstage, or frequency issues. Its hard to tell or sort without being in the room. Sorry.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Those things won't make the slightest bit to difference to the bass response.

If I were you I'd clear everything out of the room and start from scratch. It is highly unlikely that the room has no spot in which the speakers will sound balanced.

Probably not what you want to hear though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Those things won't make the slightest bit to difference to the bass response.

If I were you I'd clear everything out of the room and start from scratch. It is highly unlikely that the room has no spot in which the speakers will sound balanced.

Probably not what you want to hear though.
    I think stripping back to bare bones is the only option, then put extraneous furnishing back in until it goes wrong, then remove again, is the only way.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I take it youve swapped speakers and swapped outputs, switched cables just in case its electronic
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I take it youve swapped speakers and swapped outputs just in case its electronic
    Yup, cart outpuput, Vida output, truth output, amp input... The same...

After struggling with the same problem wth the Ane's which are rear ported I finally fixed it by putting cushions on the side wall behind the weak one - balanced or at least better. I can't do that wth the Tannoys though I've tried... hmmmm
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Grant.

have you moved the weak one into the room? being closer together will help too. they are a fair spread considering your sitting so close so might help a bit. I usually do an equilateral triangle with either to in or out.
    I had a bad connection on one speaker that was causing mine once.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast