+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    Wow! That looks like it's going to be very nice indeed.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

I keep looking at this, even in its incomplete state it's really increasing my desire for an SP10.

Bigman80 Guest

I keep looking at this, even in its incomplete state it's really increasing my desire for an SP10.
    Alex, I can't wait. Genuinely excited and Angus is a top class guy with a lot of talent. He's on the forum, have a chat with him. You never know, he may have one knocking about!

I'm Robert.

I sense this and the announcement of the SP10R have rekindled a number of peoples desire to go SP10 and I can understand that.
    Never heard one but I'm in no doubt for a number of reasons that they are a great deck - even toyed with the idea briefly myself, SP10MK2 overhauled, same route as Oliver but I wont be going there, because I dont need to.

As I say, I predict a few new SP10 users - Marco included in the near future, just a prediction mind...
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    I sense this and the announcement of the SP10R have rekindled a number of peoples desire to go SP10 and I can understand that.
    Never heard one but I'm in no doubt for a number of reasons that they are a great deck - even toyed with the idea briefly myself, SP10MK2 overhauled, same route as Oliver but I wont be going there, because I dont need to.

As I say, I predict a few new SP10 users - Marco included in the near future, just a prediction mind...
    I'm just glad I decided to do it before they announced the new SP10. prices will rise I fear and price a lot of people out of owning one.

Bigman80 Guest

MY SP10!!!!! Being calibrated prior to having the plinth painted black and having the feet fitted.

I'm really liking the minimalist plinth.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Alex, I can't wait. Genuinely excited and Angus is a top class guy with a lot of talent. He's on the forum, have a chat with him. You never know, he may have one knocking about!

I've met Angus, a lovely guy. He set me up with my first turntable after selling me a Micro Seiki MA 202 arm. I pointed Robbie in Angus' direction when he bought the same arm.

At this moment in time I'm not in a position to spend much money on hifi equipment though

Bigman80 Guest

I've met Angus, a lovely guy. He set me up with my first turntable after selling me a Micro Seiki MA 202 arm. I pointed Robbie in Angus' direction when he bought the same arm.

At this moment in time I'm not in a position to spend much money on hifi equipment though
    Yes, it seems like the man has kept a very low profile but that's over now lol.

I'm Robert.

As well as a top guy, Angus is a humble, rare breed A1 tech and has done me good thats for sure, the Micro Seiki MA202 is lovely, The Phonomaced Sansui AU 919 is a stunner - seriously !

He doesnt shout about himself but I sense his fame has spread plenty now and I wanted him all to myself - you're a bad man Olly

Yes Oliver, That SP10 is exactly how I'd have done it - big fan of the sonic rightness of wood and the AT1010 tonearm would be the one too. Only thing is I'd have gone black to match my set up.

Cant wait til you set it up properly and give us your musings on it's sonic prowess
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    As well as a top guy, Angus is a humble, rare breed A1 tech and has done me good thats for sure, the Micro Seiki MA202 is lovely, The Phonomaced Sansui AU 919 is a stunner - seriously !

He doesnt shout about himself but I sense his fame has spread plenty now and I wanted him all to myself - you're a bad man Olly

Yes Oliver, That SP10 is exactly how I'd have done it - big fan of the sonic rightness of wood and the AT1010 tonearm would be the one too. Only thing is I'd have gone black to match my set up.

Cant wait til you set it up properly and give us your musings on it's sonic prowess
    Ha, yes Robbie, I am a bad man hahaha. It'll look great once the plinth is painted black. I think it's gonna be a really wise purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast