+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

I'm Adrian.

If you want to improve it further and take it to sp10mk3 status buy a tenuto mat from guy at pure sound. I think it made a slight improvement to stability on mine.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

A wonderful deck. I used a speed check app last night on my So y TTS8000 and it never shifted from exactly 33.3 RPM. The high end Japanese decks of the period had fabulous engineering yet we were told they were average!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Yep, Well known that the SP10 from birth was a serious / genuine audiophile turntable in stock form. That was the clear intent from Technics
    You aren't wrong mate. It's a beast!! Heard the Sansui yesterday too. A fantastic piece of Japanese engineering.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    A wonderful deck. I used a speed check app last night on my So y TTS8000 and it never shifted from exactly 33.3 RPM. The high end Japanese decks of the period had fabulous engineering yet we were told they were average!
    They are a marvel. The only TT I'd have considered other than the SP10 was the TTS-8000. BUT as you know, they never come up for sale.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You aren't wrong mate. It's a beast!! Heard the Sansui yesterday too. A fantastic piece of Japanese engineering.

Which Sansui Oliver ? The AU-919 or his own Sansui AU-D11ii ? either of those two are as you say 'fantastic' - proper true hi fidelity integrated amps
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Which Sansui Oliver ? The AU-919 or his own Sansui AU-D11ii ? either of those two are as you say 'fantastic' - proper true hi fidelity integrated amps
    The AU-D11. What a wonderful creation. My Jolida phonostage sounded epic through it.

I'm Joe.

I have 2 - an original SL1000 mk2 with EPA100 arm and a DIY slate plinth with EPA250 arm.
    Also a Sony TTS8000 with PUA9 arm.
    All 3 are for keeps

I'm Robert.

The AU-D11. What a wonderful creation. My Jolida phonostage sounded epic through it.

I bet it did! The D11 is said to be warmer the 919 is 'pure' so to speak - plays what you give it.

Back to the decks - SP10 and a fully modded 12XX like mine, Marco's, Andys and others would be an insightful listen mi reckons
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

I bet it did! The D11 is said to be warmer the 919 is 'pure' so to speak - plays what you give it.

Back to the decks - SP10 and a fully modded 12XX like mine, Marco's, Andys and others would be an insightful listen mi reckons
    I think we need a get together in the Midlands area !!!!

I'm Joe.

They are a marvel. The only TT I'd have considered other than the SP10 was the TTS-8000. BUT as you know, they never come up for sale.

You missed it - I sold another TTS8000 just last year and it went to HongKong!.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast