+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

I'm Geoff.

For less than the ZYX, a Goldring Eroica LX makes a great choice too. I really like those, just so musical and they have a vibrancy that's very appealing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Serves you right! sign:
    Hahaha, it does but I'm done mate. What I'm hearing is pinnacle for me. Maybe in the future a big pair of Tannoys but other than that there just no need to do anything else. The pioneers I've got in are still exciting and sound tremendous.

Isolation for the TT is next and ive got some new cables to make up (new ingredients) which should be good.

The main bits are done. And I'm pleased.

The difference the Slagle has made is not small either. Clarity is superb.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The difference the Slagle has made is not small either. Clarity is superb
    I knew that would grab you!

Has Alan heard it?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

I knew that would grab you!

Has Alan heard it?
    Not yet. Possibly Tuesday.

Yes it grabbed me. Fantastic lack of colouration. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how it could be described as anything other than clinical in its accuracy and efficiency. The Goldpoint just wouldn't work in the system so no complaints about it. Just not happy in there.

I'm Geoff.

It gets me how those who haven't tried a decent TVC or AVC, are dismissive and suggest any perceived improvement is because they add distortion and colourations.

There may or may not be a minor element of truth in that, but the clarity and as you say "lack of colouration" have me convinced there's more to it. No lack of weight and body either.

My MC-9 TVC is better than any active pre-amp I've tried in my system and makes all the pot and stepped attenuator passive examples sound bland and thin in comparison

I'm Andrew.

Holy sh!t !!!! That's an enormous amount of money. I salute your dedication. Was/is it worth the money?

Yes of course it was!! I still use the deck every day and it's still my reference deck. I've got a pretty high end Lenco L75 and a Garrard 301, the 1210 still beats them.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

montesquieu Guest

Holy sh!t !!!! That's an enormous amount of money. I salute your dedication. Was/is it worth the money?

Jeez is that the price of an SME V now? Well that explains it I guess,.

Bigman80 Guest

It gets me how those who haven't tried a decent TVC or AVC, are dismissive and suggest any perceived improvement is because they add distortion and colourations.

There may or may not be a minor element of truth in that, but the clarity and as you say "lack of colouration" have me convinced there's more to it. No lack of weight and body either.

My MC-9 TVC is better than any active pre-amp I've tried in my system and makes all the pot and stepped attenuator passive examples sound bland and thin in comparison
    I'm really happy with it. It's a massive thumbs up from me.

I'd recommend anyone to try one.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yes of course it was!! I still use the deck every day and it's still my reference deck. I've got a pretty high end Lenco L75 and a Garrard 301, the 1210 still beats them.
    I suppose you can't say no after that expenditure

Only kidding. I would imagine it's excellent.

I'm Hugo.

.............. Isolation for the TT is next .................
    Look no further than Townshend Seismic Pods. For situations where full isolation is warranted (eg a turntable like this that already has a built-in energy 'sink' in the form of a heavy plinth), Seismic Pods work magic. There's nothing foo nor fancy about them - just basic mass-spring theory intelligently wrought into a straightforward, adjustable and completely stable product.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast